What's new

Zelda Master Quest

Dominator

As you might know, a special version of Zelda Ocarina of Time has been leaked. Unfortunately, Zelda Master Quest doesn't work with the lastest public release of UltraHLE 2064. But do not worry, the next version runs it smoothly. A special update will be released very soon in order to let the Zelda fans enjoy it at full speed.

Stezo2k

S-2K
excellent, i was expecting to see some ultraHLE news about Zelda master quest, good work dom (as usual) :n64:

FAR

First Person Shooter
wow, I'm very surprized. How could they get the rom?
I mean those who put it on the net...

My95ZR2

FAR said:
wow, I'm very surprized. How could they get the rom?
I mean those who put it on the net...

A( All it takes is one guy at Nintendo to think, "Hey, I'll copy this game and take it home to play." Then her/his friends see the awesome game and want a copy. Then their friends see it and want a copy. Soon it shows up on rom sites and P2P programs...simple as that :geek:

B( The big "N" gets hacked and someone steals the rom...although that would be iffy, cause there would be less of a chance of getting a final edition rom. There would be more of a chance of getting a beta.

Adam

Stezo2k

S-2K
more than likely leaked before put on GC disc, if it was ripped of a GC disc, they'd probably use hacked firmware, or use a GC-PC linker or somthing similar

My95ZR2

I thought of a theory of what happened with Master Quest. If I understand everything, Master Quest was released for N64 DD in Japan ONLY. Not alot of people bought it, cause, why would I want to buy a add-on and an another game just to play a litte Zelda? So on down the road, N decides to release it on the GC so that us stupid Americans won't put 2+2 together and Nintendo won't have to admit it failed AGAIN (This is what happens when people get greedy...). Anyway, I say they got all their geeky little programmers together and told them to make the JAP Master Quest its own game (not an add-on, but an actual cartridge). Then when that was finished, they had to translated it into English (hence URA Zelda), and then converted into Gamecube code (PowerPC?). They may of skipped around a little on the steps, but this seemed most logical to produce a 99% air-tight game...

Adam
(stupid theory 101)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Stezo2k said:
more than likely leaked before put on GC disc, if it was ripped of a GC disc, they'd probably use hacked firmware, or use a GC-PC linker or somthing similar

Not only that, could a GC execute an N64 compiled binary?

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Yeah...I didn't hear anything about it being released on N64...only on the special edition of Zelda: The Wind Waker on the Gamecube... *shrug*

OP
D

Dominator

The dump that's been spread around is not the GC version. It is an internal Nintendo N64 version of the game.
Then it has most likely been ported to the GC.

Stezo2k

S-2K
my oppinion is they used emulation, all the developers use it by what ive heard & FF origins was emulated, i guess it would of been easier to emulate it if they have already written the emulator, or mabie used a source code of pj64 etc

Reznor007

The Gamecube version is a port. There are actual changes to it, such as the button mapping/icons.

Also, Gamecube cannot natively execute an N64 binary. Gamecube is a PowerPC 750cx, while N64 is a MIPS R4300i.

As for the ROM, I think Nintendo had plans to release it on N64, but decided it wouldn't sell very well, since it was only a remix of OOT.

I'm happy they ported OOT and MQ to Gamecube though. I just wish they had Majora's Mask on there too. It would have been simple to add it on there.

LD.

*poke*
The ROM version has the button icons changed and renamed. And mapping is just a simple case of changing the emulator config ;)

And just to note, the PC cannot natively execute an N64 binary either...

ryosaeba

i have zelda on gamecube with the bonus dvd master quest and if you load the game and after you open the dvd reader the game still work !!!!!!!!! I think zelda master quest run with an emulator n64 for gamecube !!! it's my opinion !