What's new

wtf Microsoft?

Allnatural

http://kotaku.com/355825/american-lost-odyssey-packaging-is-an-exercise-in-half-measures

Hadn't read any of the stories before buying it last night. Couldn't believe it when I saw the fourth disc floating in the case, and I don't much care for the way they stack the other three on top of one another. What's worse is that it was largely unecessary. The game includes five (maybe six) spoken languages. Remove all but english for the US release and I'm sure you could reduce the size by a disc or two.

This is why I don't buy PC games anymore. If the publisher can't package the disc(s) in a proper case they can go f*** themselves...

Azimer

Emulator Developer
They should receive enough criticism to think twice about this again. When their system contains the failed HD format, they only have the merit of their games and reputation to fall back on.

Although we are talking about one of the worst companies for caring about their employees and customers.

Edit:

Oops. I was wrong and uninformed. This entire time I assumed all 360s came with an HD-DVD player.

Last edited:

spartan

What does this have to do with Microsoft, all they did was back HDDVD, but they didn't actually include it with the 360.

yes i know that, i was just saying the ps3 wont have to put games on multiple dvd's because blu-ray disks hold so much.

Cyberman

Wow there software is so feature rich it even uses more space than an HDVD has ... I'm so.. .unimpressed. I would like to know why games need to expand to fill the media they rest on? Mostly called quick and easy. Remember a cut scene is hard to do on real time equipement if you can abuse a movie you can make it look cool! I could see Koudelka needing 4 disks myself (GREAT game) however it seems cheap and easy technique rue's (yes RUE not rule) the day :D

Cyb

Olly

(Y)
Yeah, I've had the packaging problem with the Sims 2 before. But honestly, unless I get the disc scratched, I'm not bothered. And Lost Odyssey might be a good release to go check out...

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

double wtf...?!

Ok, this one isn't much of a surprise. I bought Blue Dragon today, and like Lost Odyssey the case is designed so that the discs (three of them) are stacked on a single spindle. All three discs are covered in scratches and scuff marks. Lots of them. You'd think I had bought the game used it's so bad. I could return it, but it was the last copy available (at a clearance price, which softens the blow a bit), and given that my copy of LO was similarly damaged I doubt I'll ever find one in perfect condition.

I think I'll skip future multi-disc games unless MS provides better packaging.

GamerAeon

latest Tech news is that HDDVD is on its way O U T
Seems BluRay won via the PS3, that and Sony's gigantic wad o cash to toss around

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
latest Tech news is that HDDVD is on its way O U T
Seems BluRay won via the PS3, that and Sony's gigantic wad o cash to toss around

Hddvd has been gone for more than a month now. So it's not on its way out, it is out :p