What's new

Wolfenstein 3D V5.0! Its here! - Perfect Sound, Instant Save/Load & Lots More!!

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
So after a long time and a lot of work, Wolfenstein 3D V5.0 is finally here! :D

Incase you were wondering what happened to v4.9, well it was only released to beta tester Da1writer, and thus I skipped a public version and just went to 5.0.

I have made a hell of a lot of changes, fixes and other stuff to this version. I would also like to say a huge thanks to Chilly Willy Aka JF for all his help on the version too. Without him the sound and music especially wouldn't be like it is today.

Sound and Music are now both perfect. Just saying that is like Music to my ears (pun intended). Saving and loading is also now instant, and actually works. No more save corrupted messages Thanks Chilly Willy and WolfGL

Crashing bugs are now gone, I myself worked really hard on these and am pretty confident they are gone forever

TV out is pretty cool too

So enough blabbering here is the changelog :

- Added Fullscreen at last. Now fills the screen properly. (Zack)
- Fully fixed the sound & Increased Volume. (Chilly Willy)
- Added Tv out (Chilly Willy's New SDL Lib)
- Fixed menu dialogue box corruption bug (Zack)
- Improved menu control system - X = Confirm, O = Cancel/Back (Zack)
- Improved menu dialogue box text - Now easier to follow (Zack)
- Fixed bug that made a certain version of the wolf3d data files crash upon level 3 of wolf3d (Zack)
- Enabled pause feature (Zack)
- Improved cheat code input - now easier to do cheats (Zack)
- Fixed cheat activation sounds not playing (Zack)
- Wolf3D Full Version Now uses 1 eboot for both cd and floppy files - (Floppy Files Require you to apply a once off patch) (Zack)
- Made graphics buffer non-cacheable to avoid cache flooding (improves speed and FPS). (Chilly Willy)
- Save and Load gamestate taken from WolfGL ; modified to fix checksum problem.
- Control Cleanup (By Chilly Willy) Mapping by (Zack & Chilly Willy).
- Added Option to change Cpu speed. O + Start toggles between 180mhz, 222mhz and 333mhz. (Chilly Willy).
- Fixed bug in gameloader where it would pick the wrong game sometimes. (Zack).
- Source code cleanup (can be cleaned more however) (Zack).
- Other various fixes (Zack).

So I really hope you all enjoy the new and final release that I Zack will be making of Wolf3D. I am delighted that It turned out to be as amazing as I wanted v5.0 to be, so you can now finally enjoy all versions of Wolf3D how they were meant to be played.

Enjoy! & Stay tuned for my next port. I may give you a clue as to what it is later :D

Note : If you use Wolf 3d Floppy version files, please use the patch below before you run the game or it wont work. Just copy and replace the files in the patch folder with the ones you have already.

ONLY DO THIS IF YOU USE THE FLOPPY VERSION FILES OF WOLF3D FULL VERSION. IT IS NOT NEEDED FOR ANY OTHER VERSION.

Screenshot :

screen1-2.jpg

Download

Downloads Hosted By RetroEmu.com

Wolfenstein 3D V5.0 Download

Floppy Version Patch Download

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Uh, it's written right at the end of Zack's post that his particular version of Wolfenstein 3D is for the PSP.