What's new

Wiki Emulation

Martin

Administrator
Wiki Emulation (new emulation information site)

I've just setup a new site called <b>Wiki Emulation</b>, a project that has been in my mind for a long time. The idea is to shape an emulation information site. The definition of Wiki:

<font class=post_quote>A wiki (or wiki wiki, or wiki web), is a collaborative web site that allows anyone to edit its pages.</font>

This seems like a bizarre concept to most people since almost every web site on the web is read only! So, anyone are able to edit all the information on the site. However, to "own" a page, you must register.

The main problem is how to structure the information, feel free to share ideas and add content to the site yourself. Oh and if you sign up, your name must be in Wiki-type, with other words, it must have at least two CAPITAL letters, like this:

MartiN

Check out the site here:

http://wiki.emulation64.com

Matata

Novato Experimentado
what a cool idea!!!!!! I´ve never heard of a WIKI WEB before but the idea seems cool, I´ll check it out.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
I'll post some of the tags here:

**Bold text**
====Heading====
-[[WikiPage Can't remember what this kind of link is called but it is another kind of link to a WikiPage]]
[[WikiPage This is a link to a WikiPage]]
[[WikiPage]] <- direct link to a WikiPage
//Italic text//
[[http://www.emutalk.net Link to another website]]

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Ok, Martin, cool.

I registered and stuff and made my own page, just to have some content there. But when I say 'Project64k', just like that, a little link comes up behind it on the actual page that is a question mark, like Project64k is a user or something that hasn't registered. It's not in the Wiki-code, so what's going on?

But great idea BTW.

My page is here http://wiki.emulation64.com/wakka.php?wakka=JimboT

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Jimbot said:
Ok, Martin, cool.

I registered and stuff and made my own page, just to have some content there. But when I say 'Project64k', just like that, a little link comes up behind it on the actual page that is a question mark, like Project64k is a user or something that hasn't registered. It's not in the Wiki-code, so what's going on?

But great idea BTW.

My page is here http://wiki.emulation64.com/wakka.php?wakka=JimboT
Yeah that's the great thing Jimbot. It detects words it doesn't recognize and wonders if you want to create that page, hence the question mark. Simply press the question mark and create the Project64k page. :)

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
A wiki page is not a message board...
You shouldn't see something like this:
Important Note by Talas
-Just so that everyone believes this, since I couldnt at first sight, you can edit EVERYTHING! Even this very page. kewl.

Maybe we should add some rules to this, like if you think you're being funny and put that someone's a dolt by changing their own home page then you're banned or something. Cuase I could see how that would be a problem, if we got some n00bs in here.
-JimboT

Let´s hope no one does that
Hmmmm... I just can´t figure out how to create my own page...
Yay! I did it!!!!! Mwaha ah ha ha!!!!
-MatatA
The behaviour of such page is to share knowledge.
Also there's no point to create a page with your name as title, but instead create pages about subjects you have something to write on.

Well that's my opinion.... I guess Martin will write some rules later ;)

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Ok I got a Q

I've registered as JimboT.

I've noticed there is a EmuTalk Page. How did that get there without being a EmuTalk? page? I mean, did you, Martin, register again as a new member, EmuTalk, and put that info on there?

I'm wondering because I want to try to make a Project64k Page. I don't quite understand how to make the Project64k page accually exist, and appear under Page Index, save for creating a new profile. Is there something I'm missing? Or should we be registering as Project64k, or whatever area of emulation we are well-versed in?

Hope you understand what I mean...

To maybe make it clearer: How did TestPage come to exist? Is there a unique username TestPage, or can we create pages on the fly?

Last edited: