What's new

Wii!! - New Name, New Thread

blizz

A continuation of the old thread but with a new name!

Author Lev Grossman finally confirms once and for all that the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN) will feature various types of additional functionality when played using Wii's backwards compatibility. For example, Grossman describes himself while playing the game as "Errol Flynn, sword fighting with the controller," as well as "aiming a bow and arrow, then using it as a fishing rod, reeling in a stubborn virtual fish."

Two other previously unannounced Wii games were also revealed: a new WarioWare title as well as a currently untitled tennis game. A WarioWare game was practically a foregone conclusion for the system, with its relentless barrage of mini-games sounding like a good fit for the extremely interactive Wii controller. In the tennis game, Grossman describes being able to control spin and slice on the ball by tilting the controller at the appropriate angle.

Ironically, one of the things Grossman appears to like about the system is precisely one which has drawn skepticism from some hardcore gamers: how you look when you're actually playing the thing. "One advantage of the new controller is that it not only is fun, it looks fun," he explains. "When you play with an old-style controller, you look like a loser, a blank-eyed joystick fondler. But when you're jumping around and shaking your hulamaker, everybody's having a good time."

"Joystick fondler" lol

WhiteX

I don´t look like a loser with a regular gamepad, sometimes these dudes go too far, he just called Nes, SNes, N64 and NGC owners, losers.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
I think Wii is a revolution. It has brought something new to gameplay. We'll have to see how the graphics will be later on. Most of the developers have been using gamecube developement kits (confirmed). I like the graphics as it is right now and will probably buy the system later on.
The last rumours of the hardware is:
CPU: 1,1GHz PowerPC
GPU: R520 based (X1800)