What's new

Wich chipset do you prefer?

Wich chipset for and AMD processor do you prefer?

• VIA Apollo KT400

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • VIA Apollo KT333

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • VIA Apollo KT266A

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • VIA Apollo KT266

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VIA Apollo KT133x

• AMD 760

• AMD 760MPX

• AMD 762MPX

• AMD 761

• SIS 745

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Nvidia NForce

• Nvidia NForce 2

• Nvidia NForce 2-ST

• ALi MAGiK 1

• Total voters

Lex

Wich chipset do you prefer for an amd?

wich one do you prefer?

Last edited:

Olger901

Banned
Ill go for SiS. I have been using SiS for some time now and its not the fastest but its real Stable.

I also dont like VIA, Might be fast; But as buggy and crashing as hell

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
I'm an nForce2 chipset kind of guy. Dual channel DDR400 gives RDRAM a run for it's money. ^_^

flow``

flow``
i'm on an apollo kt133a chipset.

no complaints here. no stability problems or lockups or anything.

Martin

Administrator
Using VIA Apollo KT266A myself, but would of course not complain if someone gave me a KT400 :)

/me wubs VIA :p

IceCold

Simon says you suck
I currently use a VIA KT266A - KT400 is what i'm looking for at the moment. SiS I prefer very much for the Intel platform.

OP
Lex

Lex

Olger901 said:

I also dont like VIA, Might be fast; But as buggy and crashing as hell
That is not true i am using a VIA Apollo KT400 and it is stable as hell

Eagle

aka Alshain
Via & Ali both suck, go with SiS, never had a problem with it (of course Ive only had it for a few months :happy: )

flow``

flow``
Sigh.. i wish people would give some backing when they say "x and x sucks, x rules"

buggy and crashing as helll? i doubt that. obviouslly a user-end problem.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
only chipsets I've owned before other than amd or intel was an ali alladin abwaba jihad something or other, and a via kt133 (I think that was the version? been a long time since I've owned a desktop system, at least 3 years or so). The via one was nice, I remember their first chipsets were slow, but they were very good after a while. The ali one kinda sucked though.

Slougi

Lex said:
I am using one and it works great, so tell me why it stinks
Via chipsets all have abysmal pci/agp performance, which makes em stink. All of them. Try running a raid array/high end video editing card on a via chipset and see the bandwidth run out.... Of course most people don't notice this, but designwise they do stink. But they have a good price/performance ratio, along with good memory performance, ie they are good gaming chipsets. But they are too incopatible with lots of hardware and have too many flaws to be good chipsets. Sis is much better in this regard, I have had 0 problems with my ecs k7s5a so far (sis 735).