What's new

Where is the GS Button?

MBX

I can't find the GS button! I even turn on the 99 coins with the GS button in Mario 64 and hit every button. What is it?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Nemu does not have a GS Button implemented.
Project64 and 1964 do however. Project64 has the GS/AR Button assigned to F9 and 1964 has it assigned to F8.

Gent

Administrator
Lemmy said:
Options / Gameshark Cheats if I am not wrong...

Yes very wrong :)

The user wants to use a Gameshark Button cheat code that you activate via a GAmeshark or Action Replay Button via the Cheat Cartridge which of course Nemu does not support as i said :)

He was not asking where to find the cheat dialog as you presumed Lem

OP
M

MBX

That's crazy, because I have a set of instructions to make custom codes and it says to hit the GS button, and Nemu64 is the only one that lets you look at all the values in the game. Oh well, thank you for the help.

DrunkenNinja

so let me get this straight. even though nemu has an area where j00 can input gameshark cheats (and it knows when they aren GS cheats), j00 cant use them???

Gent

Administrator
DrunkenNinja said:
so let me get this straight. even though nemu has an area where j00 can input gameshark cheats (and it knows when they aren GS cheats), j00 cant use them???

No you have this wrong. You can input Gameshark/Action Replay Codes into the Cheat Dialog, Although I would Suggest using my Cheat Dll with nemu from Nemu64 Cheats as it will be far easier to use. The thing you can not do is Use GS / AR Button Codes. Nemu does not support Gameshark Button cheat codes that you activate via a GAmeshark or Action Replay Button via the Cheat Cartridge, The GS Button Injects An Address into the Memory Via a 88 and 89 Activator. So basically any 88 and 89 codes are not supported. For More Codes not supported try looking at the Nemu64 Cheats FAQ

DrunkenNinja

ok that makes many more pennys. but i still cant even get the cheats to work.
P.S. raziel was never evil, he was just a bit of a bad @$$ who wanted control of his destiny. kain was kinda cool too till he ripped off raziels wings for semi good reason.