What's new

What's a good cartridge and linker set?

makeshift5

I don't need to put a bunch of games on it so a small sized MB cartridge will do just fine. I'm totally new to GBA roms so I have no idea what to buy or where to buy the cartridge and linker thing. Something cheap around $50 bucks would rule. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I have an XROM 512Mb which I got from www.easybuy2000.com. Had a neoflash 512Mb previously, but one of the Flash memory chips was bad, and they were being retarded about RMA, so I picked an XROM up. Couldn't be happier, and it's cheap cheap cheap at $69. :) Works great in my DS, although you need a GBA/GBA SP to connect it to your PC.

Keep in mind that flash carts' storage space is measured in Megabits (Mb), not MegaBytes (MB). A 512Mbit flash cart has 64MB of space, and so on.

Last edited:

WhiteX

i got a XGLite 256Mb, it works fine, has a little "cradle" to load the roms, i got it cheap at ebay.
[edit]nazi admin censorship;) - Jakob[/edit]

Last edited:

Jakob

evil *******
for the sake of this thread I am going to assume these are public domain gba roms you're going to be using:D

-Shadow-

Banned
I'm using the Supercard SD. I'm happy with it, because i don't mind the slowdowns at some places in Metroid Fusion and some non-working games (those who need 128kb save files, Realtime clock or EEPROM's). One advantage is the big capacity of SD/CF cards, it's enough for whole movies :D
I bought it just because i was curious about how the GBA movies are looking. They're very acceptable for a 16Mhz handheld :happy:

WhiteX

i am not talking about this again, not even on PM since it is against the forum rules and it is widely discussed on other GBA Forum sites.