What's new

What is the best emu

starfox5194

Gamecube Texture Distributer
what is the best gamecube emulator (including custom RELEASED builds) out there for lower end machines.

Thx a lot

Sercio

hmmm it depends for what you would use it!
If you want good graphics with less glitches and low fps rates then choose dolphin!
If you want "some faster" fps rates but worst graphics with some glitches then choose Gcube!

Knuckles

GEKKO!!

oh wait, still private betas :p

but go with Sercio's suggestion, low end PC prolly won't do much anyway, you better go get yourself a real cube.

Last edited:

miniandrewmini

I'm excited abt gekko and all - but will it really be better than dolphin?

the two most important things are SPEED and COMPATABILITY. so long as the games run, and run at a reasonable speed, i dont care abt graphics.

so long as they dont totally suck.

will gekko be fast?

and will it not totally suck?

i wont make any decisions until i try it myself

Sercio

hmm.... currently Gekko and Dolphin does try to reach different purposes! Dolphin works perfect and its only needs some boost in the speed. Since a 64 bit dual core version is announcent we know thats not far anymore ;) Gekko works also good in the main thing but its on a total other progress now. At this time shizzy makes his own video plugin to get independed from the dolphin one... but in "comparison" with dolphin its like gekko start from 0 to 100 kmh in less then 2 seconds^^
@ miniandrewmini : sucha many questions, visit gekko to get even more answears!

Terranigma

Will a GeForce 7600GT be enough to run GC emulation? I'm thinking about trying it out to grab screen shots. I don't care too much about frame rates. Although I guess it would help to not have to wait 1 hour just to move a few steps forward...

Mainly I'm interested in 2 games right now, RE4 and Fire Emblem POR. Do any of the emulators run them well enough to grab screens?

Sercio

LOL are you kidding? Your 7600gt will totaly be enough, the question is does your CPU reach do emulate clearly ;) ? I guess at this time it does not.. but this does not mean you need a new cpu! Just be patient!

Terranigma

Actually I don't own a 7600 GT, YET, and I'm actually struggling to decide on whether I should get a 7600 GS or a GT. I know the GS is weaker, but I'm not a big PC gamer, but can a 7600 GS work for GC emulation (and hopefully run at a decent speed)? My CPU is an Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4200+.

Also, keep in mind I'm also waiting for Gekko, so perhaps a GS is good enough for GC emu now, but will it be able to handle GC emu when more advanced emulators are released? If my dual core CPU is not enough, will the 7600 GT make up for it?

Lightning

Emulator Developer
The only difference between 7600 GS and 7600 GT is that the GS runs at a lower clock rate. The gamecube emulation is cpu bottlenecked, not video card bottlenecked. You will not notice a difference between the cards when running the emulators. You would only notice a difference in actual PC games *if* you have a game that is not maxing out on your CPU (as then your video card is the slowdown for framerate).