What's new

voodoo and pj64 dont mix i heard....

OP
R

RPG Sayan

mmmmmmmmm

well holy toledo balls that reside in mexico!!!!!It worked screwdriver...very slow but it worked...alls i had to do was lower it to 16 bit color cuz i was running 32 bit...back to 1.3...thanx

StonedConker

Jfletcher said:
OK, I just tried it (1.2) in 1.3 and 1.4 beta 1 with all default settings. Everything seems to work fine. I tested out a few games like Mario 64, Zelda, SmashBros, ect...
Not sure why it would give you that error message?
What model Voodoo card do you have, because I believe the 2000 series and under won't work for s#it.

big mistake!
my voodoo3 2000 works fine on pj
the strange thing is that directx 8.1 mess the gfx a bit and i think i'll return to the DX 8.0
You should do the same if you have 8.0 cause it crashes and in other games not just pj i don't know why.
Maybe they forgot to support voodoo cards in 8.1 :)
i've spend a lot of my time searching for plugins,patches,wrappers and any crap for my voodoo.
I can say for sure that evoodoo doesn't changing anything and if she does that is to dicrease the speed.If you want to play with fog,antialising and stuff like this you don't need evoodoo you can do it easily and you don't need to be an expert from the 3dfx tools.
Use v3-w9x-1.07.00-2 drivers
mmm what else?
Maby smiff should get back the posts about direct control or you can grab info from his faq
Hope you make it

Jfletcher

I haven't tried the latest PJ64 (1.3-1.4 Beta 1) with my Voodoo (No point really with a GeForce 3) but 1.0-1.2 worked nice except for some graphics issues.