What's new

Visual Studio 2005 Standard, free!

smcd

Get Visual Studio 2005 Standard edition for free! USA only, unfortunately. http://www.learn2asp.net/ officially sponsored by MS, DDJ, and O'Reilly. Offer good until June 30. I got mine so I thought I'd share! :)

(This isn't meant to be spam, just to let people get some free development tools from Microsoft, legally)

OP
smcd

smcd

The express editions of the languages are free, but apparently the offer ends on that in November. The Visual Studio package integrates all the languaegs into 1 place so it's nice and easy. As far as the offer above, it's been around a while yes but I wanted to make sure it worked before posting it here, and I only learned of it middle of May. ;)

bcrew1375

Wow, free? As in the IDE and everything? If so, I'll definitely download it.

Oh, never mind. I'm not eligible :(.

Last edited:
OP
smcd

smcd

Yeah, it's only for USA (and previously canada) :( Maybe I can use my address here at the apartment since I used mom's previously and get a 2nd copy to mail you... muahaha! PM me if interested. It says not for resale not that I can't give it away hehe

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The express editions are free, and will always remain free according to microsoft now. Though they DO lack functionality that the higher editions do. Specifically, you can only build pure win32 builds or .NET. No MFC.

bcrew1375

sethmcdoogle said:
Yeah, it's only for USA (and previously canada) :( Maybe I can use my address here at the apartment since I used mom's previously and get a 2nd copy to mail you... muahaha! PM me if interested. It says not for resale not that I can't give it away hehe

Well, it's not that I don't live in the US. It's that the fine print says you need to be a professional developer and do some kind of work first.

OP
smcd

smcd

Hmm, I signed up as being a student as my occupation and put n/a as my company name and it worked... maybe I violated the fine print? Oops, though it's weird they would have "student" as an option to choose.