What's new

VBA problem

The Nobs

Well, some time ago I used to play on VBA without any real problems. But now I got a HUGE one: The emulator shut down my computer within 5 minutes of use. I really don't know what to do. Used to be great, now it turns my computer off. Does anyone knows what I can do?

Sorry for my cheesy english speaking.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Shuts down or reboots? Perhaps you're getting a BSOD? Goto system -> advanced -> Settings under Start & something, then untick Reboot automatically. You'll now be able to see if there's a BSOD.
Another thing might be that your hardware is overclocked. If it is, then try removing it.

OP
The Nobs

The Nobs

Shuts down. And then when I try to boot, it shuts down again. And then I can boot. And this thing happens only with VBA for me, as far as I can tell. Another funny thing is that it always happens after 5 minutes of use, no matter what I do in the game, if I play or leave it paused.

Last edited:

Clements

Could possibly be Power Management turning off the computer after inactivity (no input from keyboard or mouse).

OP
The Nobs

The Nobs

Have you got any kind of overclocking?

No, I use set priority as "Above Normal", but that problem happens also when it's set to "Normal".

Could possibly be Power Management turning off the computer after inactivity (no input from keyboard or mouse).

Hmm, I didn't think about that yet. How can I see if is this the problem? Or how could I fix it?

OP
The Nobs

The Nobs

Nothing unusual there, I let the computer on during the night and it doesn't shut down. Is it the only thing that could shut it down after inactivity?