What's new

UltraHLE 2064 misc. problems reports

Dominator

Dear UltraHLE 2064 users,

We are well aware of the problems you may encouter with the first UHLE 2064 release. So many various changes have been added in a rather short period of time that we expect you to help us bust various problems.

If you notice any trouble such as OS freezing, emulator crashing or such, feel free to report it in this thread.

Please make sure to read the help file first.
Give us as many details as possible on your hardware/software configuration aswell as the plugins version/configuration.

Thanks for your contribution.

- The Staff -

MECCA

I get this error when running the accompanied D3D plugin followed by a crash in GFX_D3D.dll. OpenGL plug runs but not well with my Radeon. Using Internal audio plugin, all other settings default.

Last edited:

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
same sorta thing here, i open a rom in ultrahle2064 in xp pro, it just closes the emu <_<

Olger901

Banned
I got very much to report already

1 Its says Smash Brothers US doesnt work. It works perfectly only the sound stutters alot.

2 When playing smash brothers with my Nrage's plugin the highlighted button in the menu starts moving without me pressing anything so it is really difficult to set any options correctly

3 Jabo's Sound Plugin doesnt work because I hear no sound(Same in 1964)

4 Jabo's graphics plugin 1.5 works flawlessly with no problems so far. :D

Last edited:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
erm, it says theres no plugins all of a sudden. some isue with gfx plugin methinks cos same error occurred when i tried the plugin in 1964

Quvack

Just a tip to people who have problems with the emu crashing on rom loading, try changing the audio plugin to the internal one, you shouldnt have the crashing problem then.

DiscoStu

On cart saving does not work on Zelda - Majoras Mask and Mario 64

this happens wit all plugins.

specs are 500mhz p3 and gf2mx

also with f zero x on the menus the selected menu option always moves to the right.

also another problem is that in zelda 2 there is no energy bar so every hit will kill you.

congrats on the emu though. more things are working a hell of a lot better than are not working. well done.

gokuss4

Meh...
hwhy is it everytime i load a rom it says it has an error loading?! or it has some kind of a genport i/o error thingy?!

Olger901

Banned
Another Problem doesnt matter which game: If I go fullscreen with Jabo's D3D 1.5 Plugin My screen flickers all the time (its almost the exactly same bug which occured when Using a Voodoo Banshee with UltraHLE)

NicePics

Bluhaha!
Does the screen really flicker, or is it just the stats showing every now and then? That's why I play in 800x600 window mode.

The first problem I have is in Zelda OoT with the black light coming from the treasure chests. I read about switching to Detonator 23.xx, but do they work with my GeForce4 card?

The second problem is with Zelda MM. The entire sub screen is full of stolen ocarinas. I can still play the game though.

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
2 When playing smash brothers with my Nrage's plugin the highlighted button in the menu starts moving without me pressing anything so it is really difficult to set any options correctly

That's a bug in the nrage plugin. It happens with othersemulators too.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I watched two rare bug here: one is that the emulator randomly crashes after ending a ROM emulation (hitting Esc key) and the seond one is that the screenshot function (hitting the F10) is not working here.

Saint_Mike

Using the internal UHLE plugin , gives me this message when the rom loaded:

"Memmap Vxd initialization failure."

Both glide api and D3D versions, so I use the old fix for the voodoo 3 card and make the roms start but with many graphics problems. Thats why I change to another plugin, Jabo's D3D v1.5, this one works perfect with my computer (well with all the roms I've tried). The strange thing is that Jabo's plugin is the only one that I can get working, not even the Dave's plugin works (this one used to work great with PJ64).
I also had another issues, for example with F-Zero X I get, many times while I'm trying to start a race, an error window that says "Can't open SRAM."
I also had problems when the emu crashing randomly after I hit the Esc key, you are right the screenshot function dosen't seems to work either.

Pentium 3 550Mhz
64MB RAM
Voodoo 3 2000
Windows ME

crewde

i havent been able to successfully get uhle 2064 working with native glide. the emu crashes most of the time and when it doesn't my whole system gets frozen. i have however gotten the emu to work with jabo's d3d 1.5 plugin with no problems..... is there any suggestion to allow me to use the native glide? also i cant get souind to work!

i have a voodoo 3 2000 w/ amigamerlin 2.5 drivers. winxp pro. 256 ram.

i have tired using the voodoo 3 fix glide2x.dll and that casues the above errors. and wen using the glide2x.dll that comes with the package, all i get is a "genport i/o initializaton failure"

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Firstly, congratulations on something that has obviously taken a lot of time and hard work :)

My bug report is that the rom browser doesn't update when new roms are added to the rom folder.

I have read through the readme and cannot find any information about this, but if there is a way that I have missed somehow, on how to update it, please forgive my ignorance.

Belated merry christmas :)

BTW, I know this isn't particularly of great importance, but congrats to whoever wrote the help file, it's has a very nice informality about it, without losing any of its purpose of informing the end-user. I liked that :)

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
************ said:
Hi guys,

Firstly, congratulations on something that has obviously taken a lot time and hard work :)

My bug report is that the rom browser doesn't update when new roms are added to the rom folder.

I have read through the readme and cannot find any information about this, but if there is a way that I have missed somehow, on how to update it, please forgive my ignorance.

Belated merry christmas :)

You have got further then i have :p

My Browser remains Blank.

I had to add the Dir in manually via the Ini to begin with.

& yes after that, if i choose to load a rom in another Dir it remains the one i had to input myself.

I think you guys should have a look at the Alpha source as a recursion/multi dirs,Right click Functions, & General User friendly options would be nice, also the only game i have managed to get to run is Supermario 64 & it crashes after the intro.

(thats only with Jabo GFX & Sound 1.5) no others show anything

Also the cheats dialogue is blank although the rom is good & matches the ini Cheats ini.

Hi,

What a "gentleman" you are, trying to make me feel better ;)

Seriously though, it's funny you should mention that you had to add the roms folder manually, because I had to add a "Mempak" folder manually to get N'Rages plugin to work.

I think the major thing that is noticeable after using this emu though is the general "hit and miss" nature of it. Sometimes it seems to work a lot better than others, even to the extent of games working a couple of times absolutely fine, and later not at all.

Overall though I'd have to admit that my problems are generally not as severe as most.

In summary though, IMHO considering the amount of changes that have been made to the source code, I'd suggest that this release is actually quite a success :)

mesman00

What's that...?
The Gentleman said:

I think you guys should have a look at the Alpha source as a recursion/multi dirs,Right click Functions, & General User friendly options would be nice

I agree, ShadowPrince did do a good job making the GUI much more user friendly, maybe the 2064 authors could use some of his code and integrate it into their work. but, of course as always, this is just a suggestion. Great work with everything you guys have accomplished so far