What's new

UltraHLE 2064 1.0.4 plugins problems

Dominator

Dear UltraHLE 2064 users,

We are well aware of the problems you may encouter with this UHLE 2064 release. So many various changes have been added in a rather short period of time that we expect you to help us bust various problems.

If you notice any trouble with the plugins system, feel free to report it in this thread.

Please make sure to read the help file first.
Give us as many details as possible on your hardware/software configuration aswell as the plugins version/configuration.

We are also interested in hearing reports concerning our Xengine plugin when ran on other emulators.

Thanks for your contribution.

- The Staff -

Flash

Technomage
It's simple - can't get sound from any "third party" sound plugins, only internal audio works ok

R

rico001

black screen

on certain games I get a black screen. For example goldeneye works with jabo's d3d 1.2b but not 1.5

R

rico001

fixed it

I made it show cpu info's, changed resolution for windows and when I

when to the path settings it updated the rom info. everyone might want to try these setting.

Did anyone else get a black screen with only sound running for games such as goldeneye with jabo's d3d 1.4 or 1.5?

I have mistakenly fixed the error.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I can change the audio plugin and then load a rom and its still using the internal sound plugin...

Also the video plugins should be able to initialize before opening a rom, like 1964 or pj64 does.... :happy:

great work, less sound problems with zelda oot but i get the occasional skip

You also need to make the Uhle gui completely invisible, I can still click and see scroll bars underneath the video plugin, which is annoying, ie moving the mouse over a scroll bar makes it appear for a split second or two.

like 1964 it would be cool if it made its gui not there at all except for the status bar at the bottom while running a rom

Last edited:

si_ok

i get a problem in that the emu doesn't save the plugin config, i can't acess the audio plugin config under the menu (have to go into settings -> config).

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi,

Firstly, as always good work on the new release.

The problem with Rices' plugin giving a dlist error still exists in this version.

BTW, I think I may have missed something in the readme or something, as nobody has ever mentioned using Rices plugin let alone an error with it.

I find this bizarre, as it must be the best video plugin out at the moment.

If it does say somewhere "Rice's plugin does not work with this emulator, and if you mention it I'll slit your throat open" or similar, please tell me ;)

mrxdvd

Phoenix Member
Flash-- It's simple - can't get sound from any "third party" sound plugins, only internal audio works ok

I'm having the same problem! only audio internal plugin works
but robotron64 and fighting force64 don't have sound anymore maybe other games too.

mortal kombat 4, hot wheels turbo racing has slighty sound lag 0,1 secs

fighting force64 and tony hawk games -slightly video slow, even using e-dynarec and jabo 1.5

jabo 1.5 plugin works for me now, big thanks to -McLeod-
ultrahle 2064 rarely crashes or freezes- big thanks to -Dominator-

hey look the menu in tony hawk2, i''m using jabo 1.5

Last edited:
OP
D

Dominator

ricoo1 : I have randomly experienced this with Jabo's 1.5

Sayargh : The native UHLE code needs a lot of rewrite, the whole team will agree with you. but don't worry, all these things are in our todo list.

si_ok : Coz Glide64 requests it. Take it away if you do not want any glide.dll files request anymore.
As for audio, you have your internal audio box is ticked. Internal audio has not settings. Going to settings -> audio plugin options will just let you config an inactive audio plugin.

Deadrabbit : I usually use this plugin when Xengine and Jabo's or GLide64 fail. When I do, the error you're mentioning *sometimes* happens.

mrxdvd (and everyone) : Results with audio and video might change again in the next releases since we're experiencing some solutions. But bug reports seem to reduce releases after releases. Just be patient and cross fingers (oh and keep reporting issues) ;)

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
i have these errors: Jabo d3d6 1.5 - I click in configure n it shows the following msg: Initialize the dll before you try to config it.
n Jabo directinput 1.5 it shows the message: Error:plugin is not initialized,configure disabled.

DemosSomnio

Glide64 on Voodoo3

Like my topic states, my problem is with Glide64 on Voodoo3. It won't minimize, therefore I can't save my games. Not only that, but aren't they supposed to auto save to the rom? I've lost a good 10 hours of gameplay on the only ROM I've got, which is F-Zero X, which plays extremely well. (My top speed is 1564 Km/h and if I'm not mistaken, it didn't skip a beat!) The image freezes when I pause and when I hit F12 (minimize) Even Alt+Esc only results in a frozen image with some multicolored distortions near the bottom where the actual desktop is running, apparantly. Would lowering the resolution or anything correct this? It's running in 1064x782 or whatever.

But the more important issue is this. When I close the games with esc and use Alt+F4 to shut down UltraHLE, it STILL doesn't save the ROM file so that I have my previous data. If I could access the menu, I could pause and save state, but that isn't an option. Please address either one of these issues.

Also, the only sound plugin that works is Azimer's v.0.30. I'm just wondering if like Glide64 is there any plugin I can access that would work better with my Yamaha DS1? Here all all my system specs so you can help...

Dell Dimension XPS T600
Intel Pentium III 600mhz
Windows XP Professional Edition
16mb 3dfx Voodoo3 (Updated Drivers)
Yamaha DS1 (Very decent soundcard)
256 MB RAM, 5 gigs out of 23 Free.

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
plugin config changing impossible.

changing the plugin config after rom loading is not to work. also must i close the program to load a new rom. these are the bigger problems.

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
i had this problem 2 times with n-rage direct input8 V2 1.81 it keeps going to right alone without i do nothing

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
n-rage is a perfect worker for me in all emus. is it the problem in also other emus with this plugin for you?

the most important is to have the compat of the new rice 5.0.1 for uhle!! it is the most of the up and coming plugin!!

shroomario

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
Dominator,that thing u can only config the plugins when the rom is loaded will be fixed in 1.05?