What's new

UltraHLE 2064 1.0.4 compat reports

Dominator

Dear UltraHLE 2064 users,

We are well aware of the problems you may encouter with this UHLE 2064 release. So many various changes have been added in a rather short period of time that we expect you to help us bust various problems.

If you notice any that a game mentioned as playable doesn't run or the opposite, feel free to report it in this thread.

Please make sure to read the help file first.
Give us as many details as possible on your hardware/software configuration aswell as the plugins version/configuration.

Thanks for your contribution.

- The Staff -

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
the compat testing.

why is the emulator crashing of every new rom load? this is making the testing very slow.

Hyper19s

Banned
hey dominater whats happening with the sound in all zeldas
this aint funny any more

other wise great program

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
emulator crashes

of the rom loaded for a game working fine on first opening of 2064. but then if the next rom to load, when double clicked that rom is the crash of emu. also after the playing is the crash sometimes with no new rom loaded. sometimes is the screen white and locked up is the crash, sometimes 2064 closes on it.

i try this with many plugins.

also is dr. mario "playable" but has the flicker of the pill even with daedelusd3d8 rel 2 not good for playing so much. i have tried many gfx plugins for playing of this game which i like very much with four persons.

i am liking the speed of this emu more than the others speeds however.

my specs are listed but also are the nvidia drivers to be: 4.4.0.3 of date 5-02-03 so it is a newest driver. everything of this pc is the most standard.

dominat thanks for the great emu!

jollyrancher

I loaded Goldeneye on my 475mhz laptop with the eDynarec setting and it was flying with non-skipping sound! Then I got to the bridge in the first level and it's like there's an invisible wall... you can't cross the bridge. Then I tried another level and something similar happened. With the default CPU it doesn't have this problem but's it's too slow to play. The only other problem was an inability to save in Zelda MM and skipping sound in the Zeldas... oh, and I couldn't use any of the Azimer sound plugins.

Keep up the good work! I think this is the fastest n64 emulator besides Corn.

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
Road Rash 64 won't load the second level.

Might help if I gave some info. Using Glide64 0.41. Internal Audio, and N-Rages 1.82. Anything else?

Last edited:
OP
D

Dominator

All in a rush :

marioshroom: Daedalus plugin is not the most recommended with UHLE 2064 even tho' I admit it is an excellent plugin. Btw, when UHLE crashes, are you always in fullscreen mode or does it just happen whatever the mode?

hypershadow : some HLE routines away/changed (to fix)

jollyrancher : use the eDynarec at your own risk. let me quote the UHLE docs :

"The second UltraHLE 2064 public release introduces some CPU recompiler options. What does that mean?

In order to gain speed, and sometimes even get some games to run because of some particular tricks, we are offering you the possibility to swith to another CPU dynamic recompiling method : the eDynarec.
Even tho' the default mode has been improved as well, the eDynarec will usually offer higher speed results. Our tests show that it is mainly obvious on lower Pc configurations since fast Pc owners already run all their games at high FPS (frame per second) rates with smooth rendering.
Still, this can be an appreciated experience, mostly with CPU time consuming roms.

Also, the eDynarec will let you play some roms default mode won't run (like Spiderman, Tony hawk pro skater and more).
However, and to make it clear, since it is blatantly tricking roms, you will oftenly experience graphics glitches, bugs or even roms hanging. So, it'd be better to use the eDynarec for some arcade games rather than for some Role Playing Games. We are well aware of this fact and do not want bug reports concerning eDynarec mode."

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
in the first screen where it shows how many roms i have(i only have one)it shows one rom that i have it is not a rom of n64 has 1904 mbit n it says it is not working(it is a minor bug,but could u fix it please?):)

Hyper19s

Banned
ok sothing just happened

im playing banjokazooie and every thing works great!!!!!!

until it froze like a icecube inthe freezer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my config is this

uhle 104
bk.v64 {U}
uhle graphics plugin{DEFAULT}using opengl105. That works best
for my old geforce 2 mx pci
default audio
nrage182all default plugins

ok when i try to save {which I CANT!} or even click the menu
buttons nothing happens whatsoever
(!) i have to hold control alt delete just to close your program

PLEASE Help(!) (!) (!)

Hyper19s

Banned
one more thing

:nuke: :angry: and then when i start it again the whole computer
crashes and i have to restart damn!!!!!

so far its with banjokazooie and master qwest
{those are the only games i play with your emulator

HELP!!!!

Hyper19s

Banned
Re: ok sothing just happened

hypershadow1 said:
im playing banjokazooie and every thing works great!!!!!!

until it froze like a icecube inthe freezer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my config is this

uhle 104
bk.v64 {U}
uhle graphics plugin{DEFAULT}using opengl105. That works best
for my old geforce 2 mx pci
default audio
nrage182all default plugins

ok when i try to save {which I CANT!} or even click the menu
buttons nothing happens whatsoever
(!) i have to hold control alt delete just to close your program

PLEASE Help(!) (!) (!)

And after about 10- 15 minutes of of play banjofreezes permanatly and i have to restart

DemosSomnio

Zelda OOT, Rush 2

Both of these games have difficulty running sound well on my 600 mhz P3. Also, Zelda has problems in certain houses and shops where multi-colored lines appear. I am using Azimers V.0.30 (Old) or internal and Glide64 on my 16mb Voodoo3, and on both the sound is delayed and choppy in some parts. In Rush 2, especially. There is at least a second of delay between when I crash and when the sound clip hits. Zelda OOT also will not display the Equipment screen correctly.

As a fan of emulation, I was just wondering... You need any more testers? I work for free and can make reports if you tell me how. Well, I'mma continue testing out games and reporting the dillemas. One other thing... FIX THE SAVES IN 1.0.5! I want to be able to continue the game, not just restart every time!