What's new

Tutorial/FAQ Forum

xneoangel

Persona User
It would be nice to have a Tutorial/FAQ forum in here to reduce the number of repetitive asked questions i.e: ive already seen like for the 10th time the question "how do i configure my input plugin?" since last month so i think it would be nice to have a Tutorial/FAQ forum because im sure some ppl here are annoyed of answering the same question once and again and again and having that section would make life easier to those n00bs who dont know how(or dont want) to use the search button before asking a question.

Last edited:

Allnatural

Well, the newcomers generally don't read the 'rules' threads, what makes you think they'll bother to read a tutorial? Besides, all pertinent info regarding emulator configuration is in the readmes/helpfiles...which they also don't read...

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
hmm, but perhaps a Tutorials section would be a nice addition. That 'Kanes" forum has some really helpful guides for things like the best way to set up ePSXe for certain games and such. Also, if it where tied in with like a Tips and Tricks section Emutalk would get more hits from Googlers.

I dunno, thought I'd add to this thread, either way.

OP
xneoangel

xneoangel

Persona User
Well i never said that the newcomers will stop asking questions that have already been done but a least the amount of newcomers that do these kind of things will be reduced and that would help to keep emutalk cleaner.

And the tutorials dont have to always be about emulation i mean there could be tutorials about photoshoping, HTML and lot of other things that would be interesting to have in the community.

Allnatural

xneoangel said:
And the tutorials dont have to always be about emulation i mean there could be tutorials about photoshoping, HTML and lot of other things that would be interesting to have in the community.
There's nothing inherently wrong with your suggestion, but it would dilute the primary subject of these forums, emulation. It's Martin's call of course. In the end it makes no difference to me. *shrugs*

WhiteX

well, if we got the material it can be a nice addition but who is to make this tutorials?

OP
xneoangel

xneoangel

Persona User
Well itd be a forum so anyone with knowledge could start a thread with a tutorial.

I.E: i have experience capturing GB sprites (my avatar is a sprite from KH:CoM) i could start one explaining how to do this.

Someone with HTML, photoshoping knowledge could post a tutorial.

On the emulation side there could be tutorials on how to make certain games run as perfect as possible, how to configure plugins and also anyone with knowledge on this could post a tutorial.

Shin_Gouki

well its nice to see people NOTICe that about 75% questions of forums are repetive, there are solutions to avoid this, still this is not easy to achive,
some aproach would be a restriced wiki:
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65572

there ae some ideas, but keith didn't replied to me. i dont know if emulations 64's wiki is comming, if so i really would like to help( and yes i can also code: C,C#, XML, Xpath, Java aso..)
wbr Shin Gouki

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Well, I see no answer from 'Martin... but I for one would certainly appreciate a 'Tutorials' section... I think it would be great.

Hmmm, as long as the tutorials were well done and fairly comprehensive, like so i dont have to look at every post to understand what to do. Again, the Kanes forum does a nice job of this, but it isnt really part of its forum section.

If the tutorials were done like the Emu64 Reviews section with screenshots and stuff it would be great.

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
We are currently working on a Wiki but you could also submit tutorials and FAQs to us and we can add them to the emulation64 support database. Then if someone asks about something that is covered there then just point them to the database.

http://www.emulation64.com/guides/