What's new

Top performance?

Lex

There is an option in the bios of my mobo that says "Top performance".

What does this actualy do, it is off by default.
does it increase speed and decrease stability? please let me now if you know something about this setting

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
Top performance ? It changes some BIOS setting's to optimal valus for the MotherBoard but it's better to set them yourself sinc it/you may overclock the CPU or sth.

OP
Lex

Lex

BTM said:
Top performance ? It changes some BIOS setting's to optimal valus for the MotherBoard but it's better to set them yourself sinc it/you may overclock the CPU or sth.

no it is not load optimal settings.

i can enable or disable it

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
Ok it's working now.
LOL the manual explains a lot ;]

Well, nothing else left but to try it for yourself and see what it does :>

Slougi

I don't have a pdf viewer installed atm, and am too lazy to do so:)P), but in what section is the option? What it might do is set memory timings to more aggressive values.

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
It not in a section, its in the main bios menu, aside from "Load Fail-Safe Defaults", "Load Optimized Defalults", and so on.

OP
Lex

Lex

I turned it on and it gave me a huge perormance gain, in the pcmark bench i went form 4517 to 4661 in the cpu bench and in the memory bench it went form 3278 to 3688. it didn't changed the cas or the processor speed, i think it optimized something on the mobo or something like that because the stability is still perfect.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
/me waits for the huge Bang and smoke rising from the netherlands :p

OP
Lex

Lex

The Gentleman said:
* The Gentleman waits for the huge Bang and smoke rising from the netherlands :p

The processor and case temps are still the same.

/me makes a double check :happy:

/me sees CPU: 45C and Case: 40C :p

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Sounds like the "Aggresive Performance" options in my BIOS. If you have low-quality components, it can cause stability issues. However, with good stuff, it gives a nice performance increase with 0 stability problems.