What's new

the games of September

Allnatural

Wild Arms was the only game I had planned on buying, but it's hard to pass up decent titles when you find them in the sub-$15 bargain bin. :)

revl8er

That Damn Good
Never played any of those. I picked up a few games as well. I got Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Rainbow Six Vegas, and F.E.A.R. for my PS3. And I made a trade to get a SNES with 16 games which included: Mario All Stars, Mario World, Mario All Stars/World, Mario RPG, Killer Instinct, Street Fighter 2, Jurassic Park, Toy Story, Mortal Kombat 3 and a few more. Then I found a copy of MK2 for Genesis in a case with book.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Allnatural,

I've been watching you post your game purchases for what seems to be years now. So I have some questions and maybe these have been asked, but I could not find anything. Anyway they are in no particular order and you can answer or not as you wish of course.

1) On average how many games do you tend to buy a month?

2) What do you use as your basis for saying "I'm going to get this certain game"?

3) How old are you? (just general curiousity here as I know even at my age (35) and job level (six figure) I could not possibly afford to drop $30 or $50 a month for games)

4) How many total games do you own now? (if you have them broken down into each system you own that would be fun to know too)

5) Do months roll buy where you never buy a game?

6) Do you always buy new or do you buy used also?

7) Favorite game? (per system on this one as well if you need to)

8) How many of your games have you actually finished?

9) Where or how do you get all the time to play them? (this may go to the age question a bit. I know before I was married and family I had oodles of time).

I guess that's it. again just curiosity when I saw yet another "Games of the month" post from you.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Allnatural,

I've been watching you post your game purchases for what seems to be years now. So I have some questions and maybe these have been asked, but I could not find anything. Anyway they are in no particular order and you can answer or not as you wish of course.

1) On average how many games do you tend to buy a month?

2) What do you use as your basis for saying "I'm going to get this certain game"?

3) How old are you? (just general curiousity here as I know even at my age (35) and job level (six figure) I could not possibly afford to drop $30 or $50 a month for games)

4) How many total games do you own now? (if you have them broken down into each system you own that would be fun to know too)

5) Do months roll buy where you never buy a game?

6) Do you always buy new or do you buy used also?

7) Favorite game? (per system on this one as well if you need to)

8) How many of your games have you actually finished?

9) Where or how do you get all the time to play them? (this may go to the age question a bit. I know before I was married and family I had oodles of time).

I guess that's it. again just curiosity when I saw yet another "Games of the month" post from you.
1. The posts each month should speak for themselves. Could be as few as 1 or as many as 8 (have yet to purchase more than 8 in a single month).

2. Some games I know I'll buy, either because the reviews are positive or it's simply something I'm interested in (could be any genre). Some games I'm only slightly interested in, but if I find them cheap I might pick them up "just for the hell of it."

3. 31. Most of my games were bought on sale or after the price has dropped.

4. 42 for the Gamecube and 128 for the PS2, plus a handful of PC games.

5. There have been one or two.

6. Prefer new, and most of my games were purchased new. I'll buy used if that's all that's available, but it has to be complete with case and manual.

7. RE4 for the GC, probably my favorite overall. If I were to single out a PS2 game it would probably be Xenosaga.

8. Finished 17 on the GC and 62 on the PS2.

9. I only play an hour at most each day, maybe two on a day off. At my current pace I figure it'll take me a few years to finish what I currently have. I'm sure if/when I begin raising a family I'll stretch that out to a decade or so. :p

Here's a snapshot of my collection. :)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
But you don't seem to have any Revolution games. Where's the Revolution games?! :blink:
Awesome collection, btw.

revl8er

That Damn Good
But you don't seem to have any Revolution games. Where's the Revolution games?! :blink:
Awesome collection, btw.

Good question, I thought just about everybody had a copy of the Gold Zelda Cartridge, xD. Pretty nice collection you have there, I need to expand my collection as soon as I get all the consoles I want.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

@ Allnatural: Don't you have older consoles?
Sold them long ago unfortunately. :(

I've thought about collecting the old stuff too, but I spend enough as it is on current (well, last) gen games. Also, and I hate to admit this, emulation is just too easy, if you know what I mean.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

You still haven't answerd that question! :p
Or is that you're just not interested in next-gen games as of yet or the new consoles are too expensive?
Too expensive, and I'm still not sold on the Wiimote (though, admittedly, I haven't actually tried it yet). There are some next-gen games I want to play, but with so much in the queue right now I'm not in a rush to buy another console.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Hopefully MGS4 will change your mind on that, xD. BTW, you might wanna give the wii a shot, it's actually pretty entertaining, but they are lacking right now in good games, but hopefully that will change soon.

Sweet, same time post, xD,

JKKDARK

Sold them long ago unfortunately. :(

I've thought about collecting the old stuff too, but I spend enough as it is on current (well, last) gen games. Also, and I hate to admit this, emulation is just too easy, if you know what I mean.

Oh well or you can get Compilation games :drool:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Actually, whether or not the controller is good or bad, it does have some good games and that qualifies for purchasing the system. I say it's a good thing, but it's up to when and where.