What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

System requirements for texture packs

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Do to all the recent complaints of users not able to load our premium texture packs I have posted an announcement to the parent forum.
I would like experienced members input and recommendations for bare minimum system requirements.
Personally I have a mid to high-end pc so I'm not all to familiar with errors associated with lower end computers.

Information collected in this thread will be added to the announcement for new users to view before they ask these questions in the pack project/release threads.

It's time that we had a standard around here.

Information on the required specs should be placed as followed;

• RAM amount: 16GB
  • DDRx: DDR3
  • Cpu: 1.5GHz Quadcore

F

Fanatic 64

• RAM amount: 16GB
  • DDRx: DDR3
  • Cpu: 1.5GHz Quadcore
These seem excessive. I've run the OoT Community Retexture on a computer with 6GB of RAM and a 2.0GHz Dualcore. I think a good format (and requirements for such a pack) would be like this:

• Operating System: Windows XP x64 Edition SP2, Windows Vista x64 SP2, Windows 7 x64 SP1, Windows 8.1 Update 3 x64 *This would be general, since a 64 bit operating system and the latest updates are required to avoid crashes.
  • RAM: 6GB DDR3 *Smaller/older packs may get away with 4 GB.
  • Graphics Card: *I think this is important, but I don't know exactly what models would qualify as optimal. An informed guess would be a discrete ATI/Nvidia card from 2005 onwards with at least 1 GB of VRAM, or an Intel IGP from the HD Graphics series onwards (Intel GMA's definitely won't work, and I once knew of someone who tried to use a pack with an S3 Savage).

CPU doesn't matter much, any CPU that can run Project64 without slowdown should be able to handle texture packs.

And on a semi-related note, someone should do a pull request to the Project64 compile settings to build with LAA enabled.