What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Super Mario 64 (MU-TH-UR)

razius

MU-TH-UR
I intended to fix this pack and release it for Dolphin (Virtual Console SM64) because:
  • except for SM64 and Starfox64 there's really no reason for me to use PJ64 (Nelde is yet to release his pack and im not even a casual Zelda player)
  • i had issues with Glide64's full transparency back in the day
  • i'm so much more comfortable with Dolphin rather than the latest branch of PJ64
I fixed and renamed some textures for the Virtual Console version but atm i don't have the time to finish the job. Unless Nintendo is gonna release a full remake of the game this year (we're celebrating 30 years of Mario in 2015... and this is my fav Mario game but maybe im the only one with such weird tastes) then i'll try and find some time in 2015 or 2016 to convert this pack for Dolphin and add some new files as well... all in perfect tune with the visuals of my SMG, SMSS and SPM projects.

Super Mario 64 v1.0 (2015-01-11) 723.7MB (Mediafire, Single archive) - NEW LINK

Screenshots Gallery (39 pictures @350x236)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
razius

razius

MU-TH-UR
Older screenshots

Original Message (April 19th, 2012 at 22:47) hidden as spoiler since the screenshots attached to it were replaced and now missing.
  Spoiler:

These are a few textures from February, so some i replaced some of them meanwhile.

The Tall tall mountain textures are placeholders you won't find in the pack (they're textures from rayman origins).

This is an older Fortress version with textures from smss and smg... obsolete.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Looks pretty good so far, I especially like the Barb Wire fence texture, the only thing I don't really like is the Hud Power-bar it looks a bit unprofessional compared to other textures

OP
razius

razius

MU-TH-UR
Looks pretty good so far, I especially like the Barb Wire fence texture, the only thing I don't really like is the Hud Power-bar it looks a bit unprofessional compared to other textures

Is this better?

Spoiler:

Alternate gallery in JPG format with blue (#0173b1) background

Can you give me a reference as to how it should look like? I tried to keep it as close to the original as possible but i had to replace the wooden mario head border since there was no way that was going to fly without full transparency. Also, due to the transparency issue, the border has to be black or else it would look really horrible on darker backgrounds (thus the black, not the silver metallic SMG style of the powerhud/health meter).

As for the "POWER" word (it's there just because the original had it)...it can be simply removed by replacing the two textures with two empty ones, that's the way i like it.
I like minimal stuff a lot, from music (be it classical, electronic, rock) to design and video games controls. That's what i like about halo, gears of war: everything's as simple as possible but not simpler than that... and that's also the reason mario 64 is still better than smg1/2 imho (control wise because the level design it's breathtaking in smg): the spinning ruins the fluidity of the platforming acrobatics. Opposed to the crappy spinning, mario sunshine's fludd enhanced the acrobatics by giving you speed, height, floating (and smss also introduced the wall slide which is a great addition but some walls that would not allow you to slide would b welcomed, so you'll have to wall jump the sm64 style)... worked way better than the spinning but that's all fludd shoud have been used for (enhancing acrobatics), not force you to use it most of the game... That's one of the main reasons i never got addicted to smss, it was all about the fludd. That's also why i enjoyed the fluddless levels a lot: platforming at its best.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
None of those attachments seem to work, weird.

I think I screwed up though, I was looking at your older screenshots when I said that and I missed the title that said 'older screenshots' =P Sorry. Newer one with the green looks fine.

OP
razius

razius

MU-TH-UR
Update 1 progress (this far)

Update 1
Content: Whomp's Fortress (complete), Shifting Sand Land (complete)
Release date: TBA​

Wallpaper (model from smg2, textures from the upcoming update). The wallpaper is 1080 native cinemascope (2592x1080).

Replaced the SMG textures (stones and ground) with brand new ones made from scratch, more detailed but as close to them as possible.
New textures
  Spoiler:

2074944.png

SMG textures​
  Spoiler:

2074943.png

Last edited:

airwide

I like the style you chose on the stones, it's a winner.
They aren't aligned with the stones in the wall though,
but you probably knew that. Looking forward to the
next update!

OP
razius

razius

MU-TH-UR
The pack is quite messy because some textures went through 5-6 iterations and still looked s#itty so i had to remove them completely but this mod was pretty much my training ground retexture wise.

I updated the OP with the latest version of the pack (contains the files i fixed for the Virtual Console version as well).

Enjoy!

Last edited:

alefry93

The pack is quite messy because some textures went through 5-6 iterations and still looked s#itty so i had to remove them completely but this mod was pretty much my training ground retexture wise.

I updated the OP with the latest version of the pack (contains the files i fixed for the Virtual Console version as well).

Enjoy!

I encountered a runtime error during texture installation.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I thought that I had uploaded a mirror, sorry. I think that I still have the pack somewhere let me see what I can do.
You may find them here

Last edited: