What's new

SixtyForce

scotty

The Great One
is this emulator going to be on windows ever??, or is it going to be exclusive to Mac, not that I am making fun of Mac, but will there be ports of it for Windows?

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I doubt it. This emulator uses a dyanmic recompiler (exclusive to Mac) and probably some amount of Mac assembly. It's also based on 1964 which is already for Windows.

Having said that, a new N64 emulator for Windows is always nice and I certainly wouldn't oppose one. :)

osX21

I'm back
Yeah, it has a 0.00000000001 chance of being ported. I doubt that gerrit will even try it. But as Lillymon said, it's based on 1964 that's for Windows. But hey! It can run almost all of my games, and I don't think I have to crack Jet Force Gemini or Diddy Kong Racing!

gerrit

osX21 said:
Yeah, it has a 0.00000000001 chance of being ported. I doubt that gerrit will even try it. But as Lillymon said, it's based on 1964 that's for Windows.

Before sixtyforce, I worked on a port of 1964 for the Mac. When schibo started rewriting 1964 as an X86 dynamic recompiler, I started working on a PowerPC dynamic recompiler and that project became sixtyforce. sixtyforce looked a lot like mac1964 when it first came out because the GUI was the same code, but under the hood there was a new emulator.

I originally started working on the PowerPC dynamic recompiler because you can't really "port" any dynamic recompiler to another system, so 1964 reached a point where it became "unportable". This is also why sixtyforce is not portable to a non-PowerPC system.

- Gerrit