What's new

RTCW under eVoodoo

McLeod

These shots are of next eVoodoo version running Return to Castle of Wolfenstein. Still isn't a date for release but i hope it be in less than a month.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Good job McLeod. Is the screen size that small because of the Voodoo cards` limitations?

OP
McLeod

McLeod

i've tried with 1024x768 and with more detail level and run well too, only lost a few FPS...

In my P2 400 with a TNT2 runs at 30 fps...

tbag

Looking good but yeah RTCW did get boring after i completed it and played it for about 2 months online ;)

Hmmm... i still think looks better on my GeForce

crhylove

Banned
it's not a rom. it's a computer game. it's somewhere between q3 and ut2k3 tech fps. it's simply phenomenal that they've gotten it running in a wrapper. mcleod, u are the man!

rhy

Trotterwatch

McLeod, now that you have RTCW running through the wrapper, just out of curiosity, have you tried running anything based on the UT engine with it? Unreal Tournament, or Deus Ex for example (by that I mean, running the glide code using a Geforce or similar).

OP
McLeod

McLeod

Unreal/Unreal Tournament engine uses glide2x it works in current versions but have some problems of speed (15-20 fps in my computer - P2 400 + TNT2) and a few alpha blending issues, but it must be caused by evoodoo 2.x code...

I still haven't added all enhancements done at eVoodoo 3.x to Glide2x

Trotterwatch

Thanks for the reply McLeod, I tried Deus Ex with this wrapper out of curiosity a while back, and found it worked well to a degree (it was slow in game).

OP
McLeod

McLeod

eVoodoo 2.2x is compatible with many games, but it was released too soon and haven't be debugged too many...

I detected a problem in texture memory that was filled until a moment that speed starts to decrease, sometime can lock system

New version will have this problem & others fixed...