What's new

Rices Deadalus 5.2.0 UNOFFICIAL release

Trotterwatch

Rices Deadalus 5.2.0 UNOFFICIAL release download here

Rice has kindly consented for me to release an earlier beta version of his plugin, which should hopefully be better for most Radeon users.

This is mainly a Radeon release, whilst it will work fine with other cards, the latter versions are recommended.

The main improvement over more recent builds is stability - but you may find that some textures etc are improved also.

Some important points to note

• This is not in any way shape or form an official release. This plugin should be considered beta, no support will be given for this version via the author of said plugin. However if you have feedback relating to this version, then please leave it in this thread

• Dr Mario and other games that need the FW R/W option setting do not (at least for me) currently work in the latest release of 1964 with the option set to yes with this plugin. This renders certain games unplayable, the aforementioned Dr Mario and Pokemon Puzzle League for two of them. This may just be an issue with my machine, so could people please report in this thread whether Dr Mario boots up with FB R/W set to on

This has been logged as a bug by me, so if this is incorrect please let me know, and I'll be delighted to delete the bug report ;)

• A lot of other games should work well with the plugin - Conkers is not one of them before the inevitable glut of questions comes to pass

• The main advantage of this release is the stability, which for me and a few other people has been a drawback of the latest versions (with Radeon cards). This should fix/alleviate most of the stability issues

I would like to personally thank Rice for his cooperation in allowing this release to go ahead. I will reiterate though, no official support will be given for this beta release.

A final word of advice, this version of the plugin has not been extensively tested with the latest release of 1964 - as such there may be problems that haven't been noted by me here. If they do not happen with the latest release of Rices, then please do not log them anywhere but in this specific thread.

Thanks a lot for reading this, and I hope the plugin works fine for you Radeon users.

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Dr. Mario, using 5.3.1 will load using FB R/W set to YES. If using 5.2.0-1119 I must set FB R/W to NO or I hang before the Nintendo logo fully loads. Core, Video, Audio, Compiler, Idle all drop to 0%. I assume this setting being on NO is why I cannot see the pill drop also?

Neophyte

Quote: "A lot of other games should work well with the plugin - Conkers is not one of them before the inevitable glut of questions comes to pass"

::sigh::

OP
T

Trotterwatch

If you have a GF4 then you shouldn't really need this version anyway - this is mostly for Radeon stability issues.