What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.4.2, updated from 5.4.0 and 5.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
The Khan Artist said:
I totally forgot about enabling Framebuffer R/W in the ROM Properties... anyway, when I do, I get this error no matter what FB setting I choose:
is that winxp in the screenshot? i want that theme!!! GIMME!

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Rice, at least for me, 16BPP will cause vertical line patterned textures to appear.

I have found out that the vertical line patterned textures are being caused by 16BPP.

This is for people who want 16BPP instead of 32BPP, because the sad news is
that with Radeon video cards lesser than a Radeon 9500 video card, 16BPP probably is faster than 32BPP, or any video card that don't have the fastest 32BPP 3D rendering.

Solution: Don't use 16BPP, always use 32BPP.

BTW, this problem is with Catalyst 3.7 and Windows 98 SE. I don't know if any Catalyst driver will help any, because I gotten wording that later Catalyst versions aren't always better.

Last edited:

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Hi Rice.
Is it possible to fix the game Extreme-g (1 and 2) in one of your updates of this great plugin? Because in extreme-g1 the shield arround the bikes is missing(extremeg-2.JPG). (i am using the pixel shader options and software T&L) then the background is shining through the walls (extreme-g3.jpg) and you can see how the screen is build (poligons are plopping in the fog (extremeg-4.JPG)).
and extreme-g2 is not playable (only the background is shown when the race starts)

:)

SubCog

ah... got it. Still having trouble getting it to do anything in game. I'll hafta mess with it some more.

But I'm tellin' ya, transparent ghosts in bomberman multiplay would really be awsome.

rcgamer

the old guy
h3h3 said:
this pokemon snap thingy definitely is exciting
u can choose the pictures now
the only prob is that u cannot see the pictures
its all black
but that'd be huge if u worked on it rice...

pls ure doing great work so far :))))))))))))

go back and read some of my other posts concerning this game. like rice said if you play around with frame buffer and frame buffer update you can see the pictures. ive only found one setting that allows me to see the instructions to take pics and move the camera around.

h3h3

rcgamer said:
go back and read some of my other posts concerning this game. like rice said if you play around with frame buffer and frame buffer update you can see the pictures. ive only found one setting that allows me to see the instructions to take pics and move the camera around.

i might be too lazy for that(stressed also) .-p

would u tell me the right settings please??

there s actually no slowdown for me so far...
but actually didnt manage to get the camera in the first level moving :-(

but thats crazy rice once again that ure plugin can do such an "impossible,unbelievable" thing :)))
work on that

rcgamer

the old guy
Trotterwatch said:
Because no graphics plugin will fix that...

yes you can move the camera with rices plugin. i have already posted pics about this. like ive said ive only found one setting in rices that it works on.

Trotterwatch

I stand corrected then? wierd (on the very 1st level?)

Post a pic of the settings you used - just saying, yes it worked alongside a picture isn't very helpful. For the record I just tried with every type of framebuffer/picture update with no difference.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
Trotterwatch said:
I stand corrected then? wierd (on the very 1st level?)

Post a pic of the settings you used - just saying, yes it worked alongside a picture isn't very helpful. For the record I just tried with every type of framebuffer/picture update with no difference.

Ok here are the settings along with another pic showing this. Sidenote, it seems you have to use schibos audio for this to work as well. it wouldnt work with any other audio plugin(though like you i dont understand why). and im using jabos input plugin-but i dont know if that makes a diff yet. Oh and yes its on the first level.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
one more thing, if you dont see the instructions when you first start the mission (on the beach) then it wont work. you should see a instruction saying to press z , then another saying to press the a button to shoot) after a few pics it should say take lots of pics of pokemon. after that is when you can start to move the camera.

Trotterwatch

This really is wierd (and a great discovery by you, nice one). Tried it, it works. Seems like Rices is the only plugin (I've seen) whereby it actually has the tutorial. Other plugins seem to skip it for some reason.

rcgamer

the old guy
yeah, thats why i was so excited about earlier in this thread. I dont even like pokemon, but rice may be breaking some new ground in n64 emulation.really if you dont mind messing with the framebuffer when you get to the choose pictures part, it is pretty much playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.