What's new

[Resolved] Screen flickering with ubutnu20.04 but not with 16.04 - hires without rice?

Zvluk

Hi.
Sorry, another "flickering" question.

Ocarina of time run well with hi-res textures on ubuntu16.04.

With the SAME machine, I try it with ubuntu20.04, and found this famous screen flickering issue: on loading menu and game menu (start button), all the screen is flickering.
And nearly all animated things too, in the game, including the character. It's awful.
I've tried many, many things in .conf file, even down to 640x480: absolutely no change.

Everything gone with other plugin, like glide, but then there is no hires textures. :(

Another strange detail, if that helps: on ubutnu16.04 I use 1152x824 full-screen res, and mupen switch automatically. I can't with ubuntu20.04: I need to change the system res before.

Know problem?
I'll love to use hires textures!
I use "Mupen64Plus Console User-Interface Version 2.5.0" with Mupen64Plus-QT 1.14.
Should I try other version?

Thanks for any advice!

OP
Z

Zvluk

I think I've found the solution (I've juste try every thing), with the ScreenUpdateSetting in .cfg file (rice section).
0 don't work, 1 do flickering, and other seen to work, like 3 or 7.

But I really need to understand: I found this info in the RiceVideoLinux.ini file in /usr/share/games/mupen64plus/
where I see this:

Code:
{aea23b699f4ef1b7-45}
Name=THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

{f336411da9ee63af-50}
Name=THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
FrameBufferEmulation=7

{b71170ec2bd71676-45}
Name=THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
FrameBufferEmulation=3
RenderToTexture=3

So I'm asking: what is this file for?

Note: mario kart as the same problem, ScreenUpdateSetting = 3 still flick, but with 7 it's ok.

Anyway, it's a good news!:)

Last edited: