What's new

Reicast - Dreamcast emulator for Android

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
As of, well, today, the alpha version of Sega Dreamcast emulator Reicast is available for Android. It's essentially an Android-based version of Nulldce.

Quick warning: the developer of Reicast reckons that you'll need to have at least a Cortex-A9 dual-core 1GHz+ processor in your Android device to run Reicast properly.

Given this is an alpha version of Reicast, you might obviously come across a few bugs. Otherwise, you should have no problem running the likes of Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, Resident Evil Code: Veronica, and more.

Reicast even works on the Ouya, by the way. So, if you have one to hand, you download the .apk file and get it running on a big screen.

You can download Reicast for free on Google Play [Download here] right now.

Source PocketGamer

OP
Danny

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Has any one tested?... Downloading on Sprint Galaxy Note 2 over clocked 1.8 GHZ quad core.

I gave it a quick go with Shenmue. Speed seems fantastic, a lot of graphical glitches in that particular game however.
Going to try it again this weekend with Sonic adventure and a few other games.

I tested it on my Nexus 4.

Nexus382

once downloaded i can not find the folder to put bios in. Using ES file explorer after install and still can not find the DC folder anywhere on SDcard or device. Any one else have better luck?

- - - Updated - - -

I gave it a quick go with Shenmue. Speed seems fantastic, a lot of graphical glitches in that particular game however.
Going to try it again this weekend with Sonic adventure and a few other games.

I tested it on my Nexus 4.

I cant seem to locate the bios folder to put them in.

Nexus382

ran sonic decently... but its very impractical. I will stick to it on the computer. good idea and work thou

OP
Danny

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
ran sonic decently... but its very impractical. I will stick to it on the computer. good idea and work thou

By impractical, I presume you mean the touch controls? When it supports the moga controllers and stuff it will be a lot more accessible.
You know the author is a genius, so i'm sure the kinks will be worked out soon enough.