What's new

Ready To Rumble R2 Selfboot Question

GimmeGames

Is there a way to make ready to rumble round 2 into a selfboot cd or image where i can use alcohol 120% to mount it as I don't want to have too many virtual cd drives or is it likely that in a future release of chankast that it will use none selfboot cd's?

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
chankast need to have a selfboot image, because every console that has agame for it has a selfboot file in order to run, so asking if chankast can run non-selfboots is pretty much nonsence! I managed to mount it, but it keeps hanging at the sega screen, does anyone know why?

iluvatar99

Hi,

I don't know why it hangs after the SEGA screen, but some guys here think, it could be an ECHELON intro. May it has something to do with ist, because DOA 2 LE has a similar behavoir like R2R2 as long as you use the original 1st_read.bin (from ECHELON release). After altering this one, the DOA 2 LE release is playable, so the hint would be, to edit the 1st_read.bin of R2R2 to get rid of the intro. Unfortunately you have to be very familar with hexediting bin-files to do this (need the offsetrange for cutting the intro).

CY

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
well i used the same method as i did with doa 2 le and it still hanged at the sega screen, i also tried it with star wars pod racer but that only shows a black screen, not the intro move then a loading screen, as anyone got that to work by the way?

iluvatar99

This won't work

HI,

the DOA 2 LE hack won't work with other games, because it has only provided a hexrange for this very special 1st_read.bin. You have to find the rigth range of the "intro" to get this one running with Chankst, or buy a Dreamcast ;-)

CYa

:smurf:

John Chaser

iluvatar99 said:
HI,

the DOA 2 LE hack won't work with other games, because it has only provided a hexrange for this very special 1st_read.bin. You have to find the rigth range of the "intro" to get this one running with Chankst, or buy a Dreamcast ;-)

CYa

:smurf:
Hello, I found this from here
(Following example applies to DOA2LE. You can use a similar method for the other games, but the file size will be different.)

1. Extract the 1ST_READ.BIN file from the CDI or your CD.
2. Fire up your hex-editor (I like HEdit or Hex Workshop) and open 1ST_READ.BIN, go to offset 0xF0000 and copy the Hex all the way to 983040 (the end).
3. Make a new file 1929928 bytes large, and paste the contents of the clipboard into it.
4. Save the file, and place it into a directory (ie, C:\SELFBOOTDOA2LE), and extract the data from the CD or the CDI file into that directory as well. Now just follow ECHELON's self-boot tutorial and re-image the CD.

I haven't tried this yet, but I will tonight.:bouncy: