What's new

Raw ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Strange problem here...
I have LOTR2 on 4 CDs from a friend...
My DVD-Player has no problems playing it...great quality and all...
But when I put one of those CDs in my CD-Rom-Drive in the PC, nothing happens...the explorer says the CD is empty...and in the preferences it is only said that the file system is RAW and that there's 0 bytes full and 0 bytes free o_O
When trying to play the CD with PowerDVD, it only says "unsupported file format".........
Any idea???

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Umm, I hope that was just a typo, but you do realize you need a DVD-ROM, NOT CD-ROM, to play/view DVDs. CD-ROMs won't recognize DVDs.

OP
Engeljaeger

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Uhm...what do you mean?...I don't have a DVD here...it's some kinda SVCD...just...I don't know...a strange file format...*shrug*

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Oh man, i'm an idiot...it's a *cough*pirated*cough* :p VCD thingy...I was just thinking that it is one of those super-duper-uber dvd sets. Sorry, I really don't know much about those. Have you tried reading it with other DVD Software or Windows Media Player? It might just be your CD-ROM, lots of CD-ROMS have problems reading certain discs, especially burned ones. Is it a CD-ROM or a CD-R(W)?

OP
Engeljaeger

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
pirated?...what's that...never heard something like that....it's a security copy...you know... ;)
No...it'S a simple CD-R...and my CD-ROM normally doesn't have any probs with those...other software don't play it either...

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
There is no such thing as a "simple CD-R," unfortunately. I can only assume it's in some format your reader can't read. It's very common, even with multiread drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.