What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Question about obtaining textures from roms

Silversea

Hello all, I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I was trying to see if there was a way to directly obtain the bmp/png textures from n64 roms. I followed various tutorials all over and haven't made any progress yet. My setup is the following:

Emulator: Project64

Game: Animal Forest

Graphics Plugin: Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4

Graphic Configuration Settings:
|Texture Enchancement: Full TMEM Emulation, Load hi-res, Dump textures to files are checked.

I have the two folders in the Project64 Plugins folder named hires_texture and texture dump. I tried making a subfolder in texture dump called ANIMAL FOREST (that is what the title is when I run it) and I tried removing this folder to see if it created itself.

The game itself runs perfectly fine, graphics are good etc, no glitches.

So far the folders remain empty, I feel like I'm making a simple mistake somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

death--droid

All your settings seem correct, try making sure your running Project64 as an administrator, it sounds like the application is lacking write permissions hence why its not creating the subfolders or the textures

OP
S

Silversea

Hmm, I did try that, but no change yet.

When the game is run it does come up with "writing texture dump file" messages, but the texture folder it should be writing to doesn't even show a new accessed or modified date.

Any other ideas?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
sometimes files get stashed in the (C:/) root.

edit: rice video should create (texture_dump) folder in your plugins root and also the title of your rip should be found in texture_dump folder

Last edited:
OP
S

Silversea

I went ahead and deleted the texture_dump folder and ran the emulator again but it never made the folder. I played the game for 10 minutes or so, still nothing. I did a full PC search and there was no "texture_dump" folder to be found.

Are there any other files I'm missing? I just need the n64 game file, project 64 exe and the rice video plugin yes?

OP
S

Silversea

Neither of those fixed it but I did find a solution.

All I did was cut the folder from Program files and put it into the C: drive itself. Works fine now.

Guess it was a permissions thing after all?

Well thanks for the help anyway, much appreciated. Glad to solve this!

death--droid

Hmmm weird, running the appplication as administrator should of fixed that problem :S, how odd, must be a problem with your user right on program files. Glad you went and fixed it up yourself though.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Neither of those fixed it but I did find a solution.

All I did was cut the folder from Program files and put it into the C: drive itself. Works fine now.

Guess it was a permissions thing after all?

Well thanks for the help anyway, much appreciated. Glad to solve this!

do you have the pj64 folder set to {read only}?

OP
S

Silversea

No, I removed the read only tag. Perhaps it was the program files folder that was messing around with it.