What's new

psu question

sk8bloke22

roll for life
currently my case has a 250w power supply, do u reckon thats gonana be enuff if i get a new mobo, cpu, ddr ram and gfx card on top of wat ive already got (obviously minus the old componets that im replacing).?

Trotterwatch

I doubt it would be.

If you are considering getting something such as a higher end Athlon, a GF4, lots of ram etc - then 250w will be too little. 350w - 400w is something I would tend to aim for.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
k. so do i need i just need to get a psu @ 350w+....erm, do i need to check that it will fit into my pc case, or do they all come at a standard size.

also on www.ebuyer.com they have cases with even 400w psu's for like £15. to me that sounds ridiculously cheap, maybe if i link to one, one of u pc brainy blokes could say where the catch is, if indeed there is a catch.

edit: also this is wat im looking to get so far - http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/shopping/index.html?action=dmlld19jYXJ0 - tell me wat u think...i also intend to get 512ddr ram for £80 at a computer fair

oh yeh, and u can take away the VAT from the ebuyer products cos i can get VAT back. ;)

Last edited: