What's new

Project Melee: The Hacking of SSBM

Myuutsuu

forever.
Project: MELEE

Texture Hacking Super Smash Bros. Melee -- and Beyond!

November 21st, 2001.
The game’s first release in Japan.

October 30th, 2006.
First known texture hack was made public; progress seemed to halt.

July 4th, 2009.
First known massive release of textures to the public, outside of Japanese forums.

Nearly 8 years after its initial conception, arguably the most popular Nintendo Gamecube title to date… has finally been hacked.
Today, I give to you some of the first-ever publicly released textures to one of Brawl’s older siblings: Super Smash Bros. Melee.

After taking up the challenge with much help from this particular topic... Melee texture hacks have come to life at last.

Originally intended to be nothing more than a project to revive Melee in the world of texture hacking, certain other forums have made it their commitment to push this project a step further, into the realms of music hacking and beyond.

~This topic exists so that those interested in the project may post freely their hacks, or whatever else that has been made hackable is made discovered.
[I've heard rumor that Japanese forums are notorious for already hacking GCN titles like Melee, but I've never seen anything outside of that.]

Important Links
Freedom to Hack -Stack Smash intro post
Melee, Texture Hacks, and You -- a "How To" Guide -Topic that includes guide on how to texture hack Melee/play texture hacks; hack audio (voice, music); even edit movie cutscenes and files!
Further progression with Melee hacking -Notes the editing of CSPs, Pokemon/items
Illusory Labyrinth -To the best of my knowledge, only "discovered" Melee hacking site out there

Personal Texture Hacks
Too many to list on one post!!

Videos
~You can find my account where I upload all my Melee texture hack footage here.
Current video count as of 03/05/2010: 133

Last Notes
Tackling your MAV are some very well-off programmers... and hopefully a Wiiscrubber-esque program that will make all our lives easier.

Last edited:

Tcll

Complexity == Fun >:3
I think I'll just bump in here...

if you need tools that work with the melee data,
you can find them on my site:
smashbrosfiles.blogspot.com

I've got alot of helpful file info for beginners on there too :)

this goes toward anyone and everyone.

Last edited: