What's new

Problems with sound....

the prodigy

For some odd reason when i play games on Project 64 i tend to have problems with sound. My sound skips and pops especially when i have alot of enimies on the screen. This is a problem that slower computers would get with PJ64. My computer is more than fast enough to emulate this program properly. I assume. Maybe i am wrong.

The weird thing is old games like MARIO 64 and such emulate flawlessly. I assume they just require less resourses

Ive tried various plug ins and settings nothing really seems to work.
I have the following audio plugins...and yes ive tried sync to game audio.

Azimers audio 3.0 old and new drivers
Jabos direct sound 1.5
Basic audio plugin
Zilmars audio plugin

My system specs are a P4 1.5 GHZ ATI RADEON 9500 pro 512 mb RAM

Can anyone post any suggestions if they have had this problem themselves?

Clements

I use Jabo's DirectSound, and it rarely if ever pops. But my system has quite different hardware than yours. Tried Azimer's LLE 0.50.2 Beta? Worth adding to your collection and might be better.

OP
the prodigy

the prodigy

EDIT

I cant seem to find the Azimer's LLE 0.50.2 Beta not even on the authors website. I could be wrong but the url is... http://www.apollo64.com/

Also I want to know if people with similar specs to me are having this problem too.

Last edited:

Flash

Technomage
the prodigy said:
For some odd reason when i play games on Project 64 i tend to have problems with sound. My sound skips and pops especially when i have alot of enimies on the screen. This is a problem that slower computers would get with PJ64. My computer is more than fast enough to emulate this program properly. I assume. Maybe i am wrong.

The weird thing is old games like MARIO 64 and such emulate flawlessly. I assume they just require less resourses

Ive tried various plug ins and settings nothing really seems to work.
I have the following audio plugins...and yes ive tried sync to game audio.

Azimers audio 3.0 old and new drivers
Jabos direct sound 1.5
Basic audio plugin
Zilmars audio plugin

My system specs are a P4 1.5 GHZ ATI RADEON 9500 pro 512 mb RAM

Can anyone post any suggestions if they have had this problem themselves?

Your problem probably is your built-in AC'97 sound.

It's not a sound card. Only half of...
It's only codec and rest of sound card functions (signal processing) done by your CPU.

So when you get cpu load 80% or higher cpu can't process sound correctly - you'll get skips, distortions, etc.
Solution - get normal hardware
sound card.

Even cheap CMI8738 is waaay better than that softcrap (it's not so good as audigy :) but it have 4 or 6 channel output, good SNR and no cracks anymore)

And now SBLive!, Vortex2 is <$20 so

disable that crap and everything will be fine.

OP
the prodigy

the prodigy

i figured it could be something like that i do have integrated sound...i should of pointed that out. its a soundmax somethign if im not mistaken. When i play other games that kill my cpu it doesent do it tho who knows i will be getting a new mobo soon and ill get a seperate soundcard.