What's new

problem executing the emu

Gaenya

every game i tried cept mario i got this error
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x202d)!

SDL works fine with other programs, the games are tested with goodn64, any ideas???.
I tried with the precompiled binary and compiling myself.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Assuming that it works perfectly with mario64, and that you are using tr64 plugin, i think you have selected the wrong ucode. It is also possible that the game is not compatible (check the compatibility list if u want to be sure).

PS: the mupen64 plugin can't work correctly with 3d games. :/

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I know Muad is still interested in doing it, but he's busy with his new project (nsx2). So i dunno if he has already started to do it. Feel free to do it if u have the knowledge/time needed :)

OP
G

Gaenya

Hacktarux said:
Assuming that it works perfectly with mario64, and that you are using tr64 plugin, i think you have selected the wrong ucode. It is also possible that the game is not compatible (check the compatibility list if u want to be sure).

PS: the mupen64 plugin can't work correctly with 3d games. :/
Im not using the mupen64 plugin im using tr64 plugin, i tried zelda and selected the right ucode, and all i get is the N64 rotating logo and then that error:plain:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I have never heard about such bugs. Usually when there's a problem with sdl it happen on all games or before you can see anything...

Could u give me more infos about your system ? Such as linux distribution, how much ram do u have, video card....

OP
G

Gaenya

Athlon 1.2
RivaTNT 2(drivers 1.0.2960)
256 Ram
Linux from scratch
XFree 4.2.1
SDL 1.2.4

and the secuence error is different everytime, if you need more info just tell me

OP
G

Gaenya

Ok, i run it as root and works, so the problem wasnt the emu, now i got to know how to make it run as user:D , but i got a question, why i can run mario as user but not zelda or castlevania??? and why as user i got the N64 logo but no the rest of the game??

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Gaenya said:
Ok, i run it as root and works, so the problem wasnt the emu, now i got to know how to make it run as user:D , but i got a question, why i can run mario as user but not zelda or castlevania??? and why as user i got the N64 logo but no the rest of the game??

There's absolutely no reason for being able to run games as root and not as normal user. So what can be different ? The games are bigger and use much more memory, dunno if it can make any difference on some systems. The games use much texture memory, so maybe the sdl can be runned in some special mode when you are logged as root...

I think that to be able to run a game like zelda you need at least 100 Mb of free ram and maybe 20 Mb of video ram or an agp card. Btw i'm wondering if a software can use agp without having root priviledges... I guess you can run it with less ressources but it's just to give a few ideas of what you need.