What's new

Possible to Rip NDS 3d Models for PC software? (3dsmax?)

zaczac

Hey, ive been ripping from PC games and GC games for a few weeks now, yesterday i got N64 ripping done, i was wondering if anyone knew how to get models and textures from a NDS rom? I was thinking of retexturing a N64 game like SSB with textures from Some NDS games and cleaning them up a little.

Bottom line is - Is there ANY way to rip NDS 3d models to a well known file format like .3ds or .max?

Thanks in Advance,

Yeah, and i know its considered EXTERMLEY illegal, but its not like im claiming it as my own, selling it or using it in a game.

Last edited:

synch

Well, it's not that hard if you don't want anything animated. I mean, if you want a static frame will all the geometry textured and lights, with it's textures, it's rather easy to do. Anyway, afaik, no emulator RELEASED does that.

Someone!

Hullo!
I tried ripping the geometry with 3DX Ripper and No$GBA, but the ready to capture thing doesn't appear on the emulator.
I have extracted some models, but they're in weird formats.

OP
Z

zaczac

Trusty old 3dripper DX thanks for the advice, ill try it tommorow, I only want one static frame, i dont care about anythng else really.

snooper

nintendo fan
It is possible to rip from ideas using ogle I think...
but I can't get it to work because of my crappy video card.
Maybe it will also work for no$gba but I don't know if no$gba is opengl.
If somebody can get this to work please tell me...

Treeki

It is possible to rip from ideas using ogle I think...
but I can't get it to work because of my crappy video card.
Maybe it will also work for no$gba but I don't know if no$gba is opengl.
If somebody can get this to work please tell me...

I tried it on Ideas and simply got a 601mb log file. No models. Although the image ripper does work pretty well to get textures.