What's new

Possible to have a 3D glasses plugin!?

icepir8

Nvidia use to have drives for their video cards for 3d viewing.

You could use the red/green glasses or a pair of the electronic 3d glasses that connected to the computer. No need to change anything in the games you used.

Cyberman

I hate javascript did I ever tell you folks that?

Erstwhile, they also make monitors that support 3d directly IE you can look straight at the monitor and see 3d. The surface is patterned with a hologram in such a way that the viewing angle spatially separates the two viewing points of your eyes (IE it shows alternate images to each eye). This ONLY works on LCD's because of the precise layout of the pixels on the LCD. It also halves the vertical resolution for 3d images. Fortunately our eyes are more sensitive to horizontal than vertical resolution changes. The 2 images are displayed on alternate sets of lines for this to work. It's very simple the viewing angle is somewhat limited though. Normal images appear just that normal images. So having a window with a 3d image in it will work just fine (since both eyes get the same image with a normal image it won't appear 3d but flat).

The best method I can think of to perform that type of video rendering is to render to a buffer and update line for line to the main display. Oh well anyhow real 3d is doable without goofy glasses.

Cyb

OP
Yogi

Yogi

Nvidia use to have drives for their video cards for 3d viewing.

You could use the red/green glasses or a pair of the electronic 3d glasses that connected to the computer. No need to change anything in the games you used.

Ah yes...you reminded me. Nvidia used to have that, but it's inaccessible now if you install any drivers that is later than the 3d drivers version. :(

OP
Yogi

Yogi

I hate javascript did I ever tell you folks that?

Erstwhile, they also make monitors that support 3d directly IE you can look straight at the monitor and see 3d. The surface is patterned with a hologram in such a way that the viewing angle spatially separates the two viewing points of your eyes (IE it shows alternate images to each eye). This ONLY works on LCD's because of the precise layout of the pixels on the LCD. It also halves the vertical resolution for 3d images. Fortunately our eyes are more sensitive to horizontal than vertical resolution changes. The 2 images are displayed on alternate sets of lines for this to work. It's very simple the viewing angle is somewhat limited though. Normal images appear just that normal images. So having a window with a 3d image in it will work just fine (since both eyes get the same image with a normal image it won't appear 3d but flat).

The best method I can think of to perform that type of video rendering is to render to a buffer and update line for line to the main display. Oh well anyhow real 3d is doable without goofy glasses.

Cyb

I remember seeing it at one of the local malls, it was interesting without having to use special glasses, however, there seems to be some kind of interference/blurriness in the general visual quality. The best effect i have seen so far is going to the cinemas watching 'journey to the center of the earth' & 'bolt', with glasses though. The effects were more pronounced & overall visual quality is intact with full colors unlike the magenta cyan technology, kinda yucky actually.

Last edited: