What's new

Pokémon Fire Red :(

Nookie Egg

Hey people =)
I recently had to get rid of everything on my comp. So, after all this, I redownloaded VBA (newest version as far as I know) and a pokemon fire red. The very first screen says something about the "1m sub circuit board not being installed" and therfore wont let me save. I redownloaded, same problem. I downloaded another version after deleting all traces of the original and this one gave me a messgae of "your mom is so fat she eats little kids for lunch and dinner" :plain: although this version let me save, it eventually ended up resetting itself saying something about the file being corrupt. What can I do to fix these problems? Any help would be cool.
Cheerz

OP
N

Nookie Egg

ok, i tried that, but again, the "1m sub circuit" thing appeared :(

i will try a new ROM and see if that happens.

thanks =)

Ody

As Agozer said, it's a save type problem. Follow exactly the instructions below and all will work:

- Make a new folder
- Put ONLY the emnulator (VBA or VBA Link) and the rom. No other files such as vba.ini or any save file should be there.
- Open the emulator and go to Options>Emulator>Save Type>Flash 128k
- Open the rom.

No error should appear after that.

Note: all your previous save state will be lost, don't try to use them or you won't be able to save. You have to start all over again.

Last edited:

mordaken

As Agozer said, it's a save type problem. Follow exactly the instructions below and all will work:

- Make a new folder
- Put ONLY the emnulator (VBA or VBA Link) and the rom. No other files such as vba.ini or any save file should be there.
- Open the emulator and go to Options>Emulator>Save Type>Flash 128k
- Open the rom.

No error should appear after that.

Note: all your previous save state will be lost, don't try to use them or you won't be able to save. You have to start all over again.

doesnt work here and did EXACTLY what u typed :(