What's new

PJ64 vs 1964

eXentric

There is no spoon.
Yes, I have searched. I have also read the specs. But after doing such, I'm still wondering which emulator is better?

I've been using PJ64 for some time, and it seems to work rather well. I see 1964 all over the place in screenshots in the high-res texture project but Rices plugin can work in PJ64 as well. That's why I've come here.

You folks in this forum have chosen 1964 over PJ64 for one reason or another. I'd like to hear your thoughts? Personally, I am running over 3Ghz and I have a 6800 and a 5900FX so performance isn't a problem. I run Rice but it looks like Direct64 is making great strides. I want to decide which one to stick with, since I assume that save games wont transfer between the two right?

Thanks all,

eXe

deathace

I like PJ64 better, with counter factor at 1 and ABL off, all games run ultra smooth. With 1964, however, I can never achieve that level of smoothness, even with counter factor at 1, there seems to be a lot of unnecessary frameskipping going on. I have an athlon64 with an FX5900, so i doubt its my PC.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Due to the length of time between releases, usually the one updated the most recently is the one that has the most bugs fixed, and is therefore better. At this moment in time, that would be PJ64, although it was 1964 for some time.

Clements

I simply download all the emulators and plugins and test which combination works best for a particular game. This does not take as long as it sounds.

Tillmann

Whatever
Clements said:
I simply download all the emulators and plugins and test which combination works best for a particular game. This does not take as long as it sounds.

TRUE...
I agree :)
The best way to find out it's trying such combinations...
Then You will find the best Emu+Plugin. ;)

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
I personally prefer Project64, I've been using that emulator for a long time since I think version 1.3 or 1.4 can't remember which. I've switched back and forth between 1964 and PJ64, and I always go back to PJ64, but I also have 1964 as a backup emulator to just see if a certain game runs better on it.

Poobah

I've always like Project64 better. It's always run so well, so seemlessly and always ran smoothly.

1964, on the other hand, has that awesome individual plugin settings per game feature, and is also faster but choppier (or so it seems). The worst thing about 1964 is that it's extremely unstable.

ddsshocker

'Demon' Dave Shocker
Pj64

Simply Project 64 is the best as it is the most easyiest to use, not affence to 1964.

:pj64: :party:

OP
E

eXentric

There is no spoon.
Thank you all for your opinions. As I do not have time to do the emu + plugin check that both Clements and Tilman suggest, I will be sticking with PJ64 for now. I really appreciate the input.