What's new

Phoenix Arcade Machine Emulation

swatgod

I saw someone was working on this while i was writing my space invaders emulator a few months back and i am now interested in trying to emulate this game now. My only issue is the lack of information on it. i think i found a proper memory map but i do not trust it so i was wondering if anyone knows of any information on the game.

i know it runs on an i8085a which is similar to the i8080a used in space invaders so the cpu may not be to difficult just that information on that cpu has been hard to find in as such detail as the i8080a was :plain: .

So any information anyone can provide would be great.

OP
S

swatgod

thats what i was talking about that i saw, but its not nearly enough information to go on so i am asking for anyone who has more information to please help me out.

Cyberman

Doesn't that use the 8085? The Z80 is a 'better' 8085 basically. The 8085 came with some peripherals that were external for the 8080.
I'm not sure but Mame may have the 8085 core information in it as well.

Cyb

OP
S

swatgod

i have the 8085 info for the most part, its everything else i am looking for. if i could get as much info for it as i got for pac-man, i'd be set lol.

Cyberman

Isn't that always the case? Not enough data!
It's like me and FF7 heh.
Although I guess I had better redo my work and do so in a more portable manner. Most of my work got lost when my MB was killing hard disks. Fortunately I bought a new one and disposed of the old one (garbage can was nice to it). Anyhow I should upgrade this machine to XP and a new system. Erstwhile (cough) Hmmm not sure have you tried the arcade necromancers? There are several organizations floating about that take old machines and make FPGA versions of the hardware.

Cyb

OP
S

swatgod

for right now i am not worrying to much about phoenix, i got pac-man to work on. just finished optimizing my space invaders emulator, cleaned out more useless code and locked the cpu at exactly 2 mhz instead of just under/over 2 mhz. now i can use those same optimizations and fixes for pac-man when i get to that point.