What's new

PC game lag

Mahaon

Banned
I have a Windows Vista home premium computer with an NIVIDA 8500GT graphics card with 256MB, an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 each core operates at 2.4 GHz, 2 x 4 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB. I have a 500 GB SATA II hard drive. Dual channel 2048 MB DDR2 memory, Memory Card Reader 15-in-1. I have a 32-bit operating system and 2030 MB of rams. My problem is, however, that I have constant game lag while playing all next gen gaming titles (offline). Games such as Bioshock, Jericho, Call of Duty 4, ect. I am not able to play these games on the highest graphic settings without lag, (sometimes not even fair graphic settings). I don't understand why.

Miretank

Lurking
LOL.

I am not able to play these games on the highest graphic settings without lag, (sometimes not even fair graphic settings)
Maybe because your system doesn't support such settings?

Nevertheless you're running Vista for gaming, so do not expect magnificent performance in your gameplay.

gokuss4

Meh...
Your graphics card is the problem, hands down. Everything else is fucking GREAT. Pay $260-$280 for the 8800GT if you wanna wait for it to become available again, or get an ATi Radeon 3780 which is not as fast as the 8800GT (but pretty damn close), but the price difference really does make up for it.. $220. You could run your settings at max with those graphics cards just fine. Crysis is a different story though, lol. There is no graphics card out right now that can run Crysis at its highest possible settings with minimal lag (best you can get maybe is 20-30fps, which isn't bad, but at worst can be 10fps).

revl8er

That Damn Good
You can't really expect to play games such as those on full settings with that card. It's nowhere near powerful enough to do so. An 8800 GT would handle it, but you might as well settle for normal settings on the game if you don't feel like spending anymore money.