What's new

OpenXDK v0.06

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
A new release of the legal development environment for the Xbox has been released, heres whats new:

- Support for compiling on both Linux and Windows though migration to automake/autoconf based builds
- Enhanced directory handling. For example, the notion of current directory is now supported, as well as being able to list and navigate through files and directories
- Increased audio support. SDLAudio will now auto-convert the various sample rates and frequencies
- Lastly, hopefully a start at supporting the Xecuter (and other debug-based) BIOSes. Please let me know if you still have troubles with OpenXDK applications on these BIOSes.

Here is some information from the author on what is next:
<font class="post_quote">This will be the last update for a few months as I leave very shortly to embark on a 3 month holiday. However, when I return, I will be concentrating on:

* SDL support for JPG, GIF, and PNG
* MP3 support
* Networking
* Building a simple demo dashboard - if it hasn't already been done by the time I get back :)
</font>

More information can be found at the official site <a href="http://www.openxdk.org/" target="_blank" >Here</a>

Last edited by a moderator:

apexad

Sweet! Nice job on posting this. i was just about to do it, and of course apoigize for it being a few days late, but low and behold, it is already posted!

This is really great news. You can already legally downloaded a version of Doom compiled for XBox and soon enough more things should come. I personally cannot wait for a useful openxdk compiled dashboard to come out. The main guy working on OpenXDK said he will be making one soon.

EDIT: I edited your post btw. adding the information about what the guy working on OpenXDK plans to do next, when he returns. Interesting stuff!

Last edited: