What's new

Nvidia Sli

Knuckles

It means that if you have a SLI setup on your computer, the emu "SHOULD" run faster, but not as much since the GC emus are mostly using more CPU then video. So the best thing is, better you can get a CPU, faster the emu will run.

-Shadow-

Banned
Chankast takes a big profit of dual processors systems ( ask loopsider, he has 55 fps on soul calibur :p ), so i think the second cpu generally boosts up emulation. Maybe GC emus are getting a boost, too , but i don't think that one would be big.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
The Gamecube's base operating system only takes advantage of one processor. If by some chance an emulator author could HLE the threading done by the Gamecube OS, then taking advantage of multiple processors could occur. However, accuracy/timing would suffer since you would be emulating one processor across multiple ones. I believe the dreamcast has multiple processors. So this is not as much of a problem.

OP
N

Nasorean

Azimer said:
The Gamecube's base operating system only takes advantage of one processor. If by some chance an emulator author could HLE the threading done by the Gamecube OS, then taking advantage of multiple processors could occur. However, accuracy/timing would suffer since you would be emulating one processor across multiple ones. I believe the dreamcast has multiple processors. So this is not as much of a problem.

thanks