What's new

no$gba is a high recommend and even better than vba.

vtnwesley

I've used no$gba a bit in the past. Pretty impressive. This emulator emulates the system as exactly as possible, so the compatibility is super high, even on those wonky games that VBA may never run quite right. As mentioned, the speed is pretty darn good too. I still wouldn't recommend it to typical gamers who are looking for the best overall gaming experience, but if you need that compatibility to run something that is off, or want to test homebrew software for compatibility with a REAL gba, no$gba is the way to go. It seems to slowly be gaining DS support which rocks. From what I understand, it also has link support (i.e. emulates 2 GBAs on the same computer) which is really cool.

Miretank

Lurking
I would NOT judge which emu is the best, cause they may have different performances in different computers ;) cause even the best emus for low-end system may have a worst appearance than emus for high-end pcs. Own experience.

I've been using VBA till now, and I never had probs. I'll try no$fun and see which one will fit my needs ;)

Darkfox

That guy that does stuff.
*shrug* I'm sticking with VBA basically because I have no real needs to switch. My games work fine on it just like my GBA and thats all I truly need. So... meh. *shrug* No offence, just I have what I want and I'm satisfied with that. And like Miretank said.

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Sounds good :) didn't know there was a GBA emu that didnt require such high specs

vba will always be my favourite though

Typify

Nolife
I use no$gba I if want to play GBA games with my friends, works like a wonder but I still prefer VBA for single player.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Yeah, I am still using vba as well but I stay with VBA for myself. I just use both anyway. :)

Last edited:

Exophase

Emulator Developer
I'm going to say that there's just about no way a GBA emulator can run full speed on a 133MHz PC for most games. At "unlimited MHz disaster 10%" no$GBA runs games in the neighborhood of 650% here (sometimes higher), AthlonXP 2GHz, I'm assuming that 10% means 1/10 frames are rendered which is pretty unbearable. At unlimited MHz disaster 100% it only pulls off around 200-300%, indicating that like VBA it probably has a decently optimized ARM core and a hideously unoptimized renderer. Anyway, the latest version seems to have graphics bugs ruining a lot of games, I don't recommend using it.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Yeah, you might be right about that because I haven't tried it with 133mhz since I was told it could but anyway I am still using both no matter what for fun of it. They are both doing a good jobs and the authors are doing it for free and for us to have fun with it. :)

BlackViper

You-Know-Who
Hi all! I am a new member. For better computer I suggest you VBA because I have all of the emulators and tried all of them and No$ can't run Pokemon Emerald and other in the best graphic options. I mean graphics aren't smooth on it as VBA. And have you tried VBA Link Version 1.8.0. It is awesome. You can play online,play on the same computer and even it supports good pokemon games' (poke.emerald,poke.firered,poke.leafgreen) wireless adapter option. You can do better things with wireless adapter. But of course like every emulator it can be updated.