What's new

New voodoox ini for glide 0.253

VoodooX

VDX ini Creator
New voodoox ini for glide 0.2

heres my new ini for glide 64/1964
Enjoy
Please note:- a slight typo in the readme sez it is for 0.1 in fact it is for 0.2

Sorry 'bout that!

Last edited:

flow``

flow``
i still dont see why you removed the region and dump type, not to mention changing the correct GoodN64 name of the games..

OP
VoodooX

VoodooX

VDX ini Creator
oh no, its flow!

Now if that question had come from anyone else flow i might of answered it but since u've done nothing but piss on this project since it started I surgest u do 2 thing about this.

1. Delete the file from ur hard drive.

2. Dont contact me again!

Problem solved!

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Good work my man,

Produced very quickly after the release of the plugin.

Keep it up :)

In reply to Flow,

What you are saying has a point, but I believe that this is just meant to be a nice, simple, "does it work, and if so, how well ?" type of thing.

To this end alone, it is perfect

:)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Flow: You can use the evoodoo-wrapper, which looks almost as good as without the plugin.

Voodoox: You should answer flow that question and bot be stupid. Otherwise i can ask, will you answer then?

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Doomulation said:
Flow: You can use the evoodoo-wrapper, which looks almost as good as without the plugin.

Voodoox: You should answer flow that question and bot be stupid. Otherwise i can ask, will you answer then?

Sorry Doom,

What do you mean by "as good as without the plugin", although I have a voodoo card and therefore no need for the wrapper, I thought it allowed you to use an emulator WITH the glide plugin ??

Although I've been told that a wrapper slows the whole thing down a bit, and can possibly create problems that are not present when running the glide plugin alone, it's worth doing this just to see the plugin in action, cos Daves done a helluva job with it :)

Last edited:

Eddy

I Run This
dont be that mean flow, just because you are a mod, doesnt mean you can step on members, ever since voodoox came out with his ini, youve done nothing but step on him, kind of like smiff on dominator

Doomulation

Sorry, i meant the plugin without the wrapper. The wrapper just has some small issues, otherwise it looks pretty much the alike the plugin without the wrapper.

crhylove

Banned
well, we all know....

that smiff's site rules, but he is nothing but an intellectual property whiner.

think about it:

intellectual

property.

they don't go together at all. the very idea is ludicrous!

rhy

oh yeah, and dom roxors

peace!

OP
VoodooX

VoodooX

VDX ini Creator
Thx DEAD RABBIT It's nice to get some positive feedback for a change!!

With regards to flows Q's the Goodname have been removed for my own personal taste i have no desire to see if a rom is verified good or what country it is from and frankly id rather see

Donkey Kong 64

than:-

Donkey_Kong_64_[!][o1].V64

Its just more pleasing to the eye IMO

I understand what ur saying but i just prefer it this way! And since this Ini was mainly createed for my own use then dist'ed for public consumption thats the way it will stay!

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
If someone had two dumps of Donkey Kong 64 (both marked as 'Donkey Kong 64' by your INI) how the hell would they tell the difference? The Good names were made for a big reason.

OP
VoodooX

VoodooX

VDX ini Creator
as i said personal preferance!
I see no reason to have two versions of the same rom,I use goodrom to verify my roms but i dont like the [!] system so it dont use it! might leave the region and version codes in next time though if people like it so much!

I am open to advise,suggestions and requests but i don't do demands!

Last edited:

Doomulation

Why don't you take an advice to do this:
If it's a good rom, then it could only say the name, if it isn't a good rom, then add something like "(Not good dump)".

Just a suggestion, though.

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Hey Voodoox:

Good job on the ini. Does your ini include special fixes like point-sampling and other special options? Thanx.

Doomulation

Gamer123 said:
Hey Voodoox:

Good job on the ini. Does your ini include special fixes like point-sampling and other special options? Thanx.
This is automaticlly done by the Glide64.ini in your plugin-folder.

Duncan

N64 Addict
No offence, but doing things correctly goes a long way, and even though its your version of the ini, theres just way too many different regions/versions/dumps of the same games, and they all arent supported the same, and most everyone has more than one version/region/dump, hence the way the official one is done :)

(and its nice when trying to help someone or yourself with problems with certain versions with your ini)

Last edited: