What's new

NES Classics series

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
bcrew1375 said:
Why not just get and play the games on an NES emulator? I'm pretty sure the GBA ones are just direct ports.
Exactly. Get a NES emulator and play the NES games with that.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Ace_of_Sevens said:
Because I'm trying to take sceenshots of the GBA versions for MobyGames.
Well, if you've already tried 3 of the best GBA emulators around, I ddon't think you have any more alternatives to choose from.

Although you could probably try kode54's VBA build.

Spacy

If you want to play the Classic NES series, you ahve to manualy set the save type in VBA to "EEPROM"

OP
A

Ace_of_Sevens

The games will boot when I change the save to EEPROM, but they seem to barely register button presses. I mash a button half a dozen times to get it to register once.

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY
He's right. To run the NES Classics use VBA 1.80 Beta 1 or better, as even with the altered settings they will not work on 1.72, which is why there is slowdown. 1.80 fixes that.

Also if you search, there was a topic somewhere that provided an altered vba-over.ini file that you must use as well, just search for vba-over.ini

Mods: Sorry if this topic was considered dead, I just wanted to help confirm how the games run on VBA.

On a side note, Id rather play the games on an NES emu cause the graphics are not all that different and neither is the gameplay.