What's new

Mupen64Plus AE (Mario Party)

retrogamer42

I have a Nexus 7, and Mupen64Plus AE

I tried multiple Mario Party roms from multiple websites (mainly Mario Party 3)

I get the same issue every time. Everything is great during setup, then when I get to actual gameplay and you go to hit the block, the sprites and the map circles move over to the left and go off position with the background.

Anybody have any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Surkow

Both Mupen64Plus AE and N64oid are based on Mupen64Plus. What matters is the video plugin they use. The one from N64oid seems to be based on Rice Video. Mupen64Plus AE uses Rice as well and will eventually get support for Glide Napalm.

paulscode said:
In response to your questions about N64oid, its video plug-in is also a port of Rice to GLES2 (folks have contested this statement in the past, but I can rattle off an arms-length list of Rice-specific behaviors to prove it). However it was ported independently by Yongzh, and he has kept the source closed (despite the GPL). That is why it has different compatibilities than Kris' port. A couple of the issues I've described above also affect the N64oid video plug-in, since it is based on Rice and is relatively immature compared to the popular PC video plug-ins.
http://www.paulscode.com/forum/inde...537dae3f52d15a38102&topic=511.msg5475#msg5475