What's new

Mupen64 0.4 feedback thread

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Excellent work Hacktarux! I get about 50 fps on Goldeneye (PAL) with this version and all of the games I've tried have great speed.
Now the problem... The only sound plugin I can use is jabo's DS 1.5 (others do not produce sound despite the RSP plugin and settings I use or crash the emu) and sync game to audio doesn't work.

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

first feedback: good interface, seems to be very fast but there is clearly a problem with audio : with your rsp (azimer alist) and schibo sound plugin there's a lot of crash. Taz Express boot !!!! (very good !!!!)

linker

Emutalk Member
Here is what i use and works ok for me:

For sound plugin I use schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2 (or Jabo's DSound 1.5) and hactarux RSP is set to use the Azimer Audio v0.40 Beta 2 through the "Process Alist by RSP defined plugin" option.

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

linker said:
Here is what i use and works ok for me:

For sound plugin I use schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2 (or Jabo's DSound 1.5) and hactarux RSP is set to use the Azimer Audio v0.40 Beta 2 through the "Process Alist by RSP defined plugin" option.

- sorry but that work only for few games but i 'll check if i'm doing something wrong but i don't think so. this method cause a lot of no sound in game bug, crashes, looping games and so on. I used it with Mupen 0.3 and it was working perfectly.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
i hate to say this , but so far with the few games i have checked i get crashes after a few seconds. body harvest controller issues as well for me. what settings olivier?

olivieryuyu

a lot of trouble with schibo sound plugin and a lot of game are crashing due to sound i think : ex supermario 64 shindou edition : crash with schibo, with jabo the sound is too fast

Last edited:

Thubb

if i use rice´s video plugin 5.6.0 i have to restart mupen eaxch time after i started i game, because if i stop the game and try to start an other game, nothing happens, mupen stops at "initialize directx device"

olivieryuyu

well i've try a lot of games (nearly 100) and i've a lot of trouble with sound: make the emu crashes, looping, no sound, bad sound. it's a bit better with jabo sound plugin and his rsp. May be i'm doing something wrong i don't know ????

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
For the audio problems : can you compare the results you get with this version of my rsp plugin, the old one and with jabo's rsp plugin ?

You can also try the "no audio delay" option.

Thubb: unlike 1964, i'm not totally unloading plugins when i start another rom (i assume the plugin works correctly without being closed). Maybe that's the problem, i'll try to see if i can fix it.

olivieryuyu

no delay audio option help only for few games

i'm not currently at home so i don't have all the game

i can't see any differences between your rsp provided in this Mupen 0.3 and this one for the audio problem

ok i list a few problematic games: Jabo and your RSP

no sound with hacktarux rsp/schibo, but ok with Jabo:

Akumajou Dracula Mokushiroku Gaiden-Legend of Cornell (japanese version of Castelvania)
Army Men - Sarge's Heroes 2
BASSMASTERS2000
Big Mountain 2000
Bokujo Monogatari 2
Chameleon Twist2
Neon Genesis Evangelion
RAZOR FREESTYLE
Fushigi no Dungeon - Furai no Shiren 2
Choro Q 64 II
Chou Snowbow Kids
Powerpuff Girls, The - Chemical X-traction
PGA European Tour
EARTHWORM JIM 3D
Doraemon 2 - Hikari no Shinden
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E)
LEGO Racers
HYBRID HEAVEN USA
NBA In the Zone 2000
Tom and Jerry in Fists of Furry
Rally '99
Sin and Punishment - Tsumi To Batsu
Rampage - World Tour

and many more for sure

Zelda Master Quest, Super Mario 64 Shindou Edition : crashes with schibo/your rsp, ok with Jabo but too fast

looping sound: Dobutsu no Mori, Donkey Kong 64

PS : oh funny with Jabo RSP and this game (but work with your rsp)

Mickey no Racing Challenge USA

Unhandled Opcode
RSP: Unknown: 5D 40 00 16

if you need more tell me

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
Well,in my PC the emu crashes every time when i load a ROM,changing general configuration.

What´s the problem??

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
gandalf said:
Well,in my PC the emu crashes every time when i load a ROM,changing general configuration.

What´s the problem??
gandalf, change the Mupen directory, use another video and another audio plugin (ex: Jabo's) and then reboot. I had the same problem with gln64 the first time I ran Mupen. Weird :\

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hacktarux said:
For the audio problems : can you compare the results you get with this version of my rsp plugin, the old one and with jabo's rsp plugin ?

You can also try the "no audio delay" option.

Thubb: unlike 1964, i'm not totally unloading plugins when i start another rom (i assume the plugin works correctly without being closed). Maybe that's the problem, i'll try to see if i can fix it.
You will do it... I#m waiting for the 0.40a version, it will be definetily better. :p
A question: you had to much freetime, have you? First the great wrapper, then these new version!!? You are a great coder! Keep the N64 emulation alive, you are the only one who is working on a new version of a N64 emu with more fixes and features. (1964 1.0 doesn't count in my oppinion, because I think it won'tt implement so much new features etc. But when the source will be released the door will be open for everything!)

Nin_10_Dough

howdy! this is my first post here :p

heh, mine crashes no matter what i try. Even when i choose the rom directory it crashes. I tried different plugins/settings, and still no luck.

I was really wanting to give the avi function a try