What's new

Mupen64 0.1 feedback

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
What's your gfx card ?

It seems to be a problem with the plugin...

Was it hapenning with previous mupen64 releases ?

ryann

woo

using slackware linux 8.1 with kernel 2.4.20 here.... duron 1.2ghz, 384megs sdram, geforce4 ti 4200 w/64mb and tv-out (yay)

anyway...the emu looks great so far :D keep up the good work!

p.s. can i get the source so i can try and compile it myself? kthnx

killthegene

One Kool dude
im using an nvidia gforce 2 440 mmx (64 mb vram) on mandrake 9.0. the game worked fine on mupen 0.90 with the tr64 opengl plugin that came with it.

Geoz

De Master
this is so cool... i got banjo kazooie working @ 33.3 fps!
nearly every1 of my 60 (apart from indy, paperboy and my Jap version of battle crusher64) roms work + they were running @ playable speed wich is so cool... keep up the gr8 work and thank 'flea 4 the OS X port cos that kicks ass!

scotty

The Great One
it is slow for now, but Ill be waiting to try the nexxt version whenever it comes out. Oh! that reminds me, Jabo's plugins do not seem to show up if I want to switch plugins. Maybe something to think of for your next version

killthegene

One Kool dude
hmmmm
the same plugin works in windows with 1964 and project64 and works with winex. im using the most up-to-date drivers. heres goldeneye:
ps nice input plugin from blight

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
scotty: try to put msvcrt dll that comes with pj64 into mupen64 folder and it should work

killthegene: did u select ucode0 ?
Unfortunately with nvidia sometimes most up to data driver doesn't mean it's better....

killthegene

One Kool dude
i apologise: wrong ucode.

i picked the perfect dark one because it was a similar game.

what are the ucodes anyway and how come you have to select them in tr64 opengl plugin?

ryann

i only get about 6fps playing goldeneye...but SO WHAT it WORKS and in LINUX :D :D :D :D *hugs hacktarux* ....so happy i could cry :cry: :satisfied

HippyShoes

Hey hacktarux! :) .. great job with Mupen - v0.1 rocks my world.

Please understand, I'm not wanting to pressure you about the development at all, but was hoping you might be able to tease us with some possibilities of what might make it into the next release?? What are you woking on next? dynarec again? sound?

nudge nudge - wink wink :flowers:

HS

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I'm preparing the ground for further improvements in speed and sound. It's long, people won't necessarily many changes but it's needed... Maybe i'll also work on some small compatibility issues for next release, i'm still unsure.

killthegene

One Kool dude
a more rounded ui would be nice - scrap crappy xp-style icons from the linux version, and some key shortcuts (ie cntrl + o to open) would also be nice

scotty

The Great One
Speed should be the primary focucs Hack, Sound will get better if speed is better. I remeber when i didnt use a graphics card for N64 emulation and how slow it was, now that I have a graphics card; it actually goes faster and te sound works well, It appears that Video and Audio plugins work together