What's new

mupen64 0.0.4 released

ShadowPrince

This is funny bug in Interpreter engine (Dynrec works ok).
And another one really annoying and i think easy to fix,is when i move window,it's not updating it's contents properly.You should see.
I hope you will put a little more effort in the gui.
Anyway thanx for your work.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Thanks for the info.
The redrawing bug only happen with jabo plugin, anyway it's not hard to fix, will do it now :)

FireBone

Emulation's Freak!
lol, looks funny, but i think whit a little more work it can be a good emulator, but it is a begin.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
i've added a few screen shots of the new version on the main page :)

ShadowPrince

Great,i din't knew emu supports Duke nukem!
By the way those shots from released version or some wip?
What gfx plugin do u use for this shots?
Wait ,that 1997 pic this is starfox ???!!!Wow!Gonna check it :)

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
These games show something but don't work compleatly. The shots were taken with the new tr64 0.5h plugin with the 0.0.4 mupen64 version.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Did you include the source for the Linux version of TR64GL 0.5h?

The first thing I want to do when I get into work Tuesday (I have a internship-type job, Tuesday-Thursday) is compile the Linux version and test it out. :) I like CPU-specific optimizations.

And does Mupen64 support SMP? I think that would be really neat, because I have a dual-P3 system. :D

Last edited:
OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I haven't included the source of the tr64 plugin but i don't think u will get more performance by cpu specific optimization (it's already optimized for pentium and most of the time is spent in the code compiled by mupen64).

Currently it doesn't support SMP but maybe in the future it will. I am thinking about running graphic (and in the future audio) tasks in a specific thread but dunno if it will help coz i can't test myself.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
/me smacks his head

Dynarec. I forgot. Oh well, my system is fast enough anyway.

And I could help you test SMP if you want, but I don't know if 15 minutes in the morning and 30 at lunch, three days a week is enough.

Also, you need to update the 'what's this' page at your site, because it is far more compatible now.

Last edited:

prafull

Hmm,

Nice release, but I am having some problems.

Dynamic recompiler mode doesnt run.(only black screen without sounds).

Pure interpreter crashes the emu.

Only working mode is interpreter.

Here are my system specs and i tried all plugins.(mostly jabos d3d).

celeron 500,intel 810 based chipset ,grafix and audio integrated,64 mb ram,windows me,seagate 10 gb harddisk,lg 52x cdrom

Check out few screenshots here though.
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21754

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
prafull said:
Hmm,

Nice release, but I am having some problems.

Dynamic recompiler mode doesnt run.(only black screen without sounds).

Pure interpreter crashes the emu.

Only working mode is interpreter.

Here are my system specs and i tried all plugins.(mostly jabos d3d).

celeron 500,intel 810 based chipset ,grafix and audio integrated,64 mb ram,windows me,seagate 10 gb harddisk,lg 52x cdrom

Check out few screenshots here though.
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21754
I see many bad things in your specs :/
I don't know what's wrong with mupen, though, but it's always good to pinpoint.

Celeron 500? This needs upgrading later if you can afford it. Get an athlon preferbly.

Intel 810 based chipset? :/ those suck. Try to see if your mobo has a pci or agp slot, and if it has, buy a new gfx card. geforce are good. you can get a gf2 ti very cheap, or a gf4 mx, or a gf3 ti.

windows me: Oh dear me! ME isn't very good at all! 98 is, in fact better. Go back if you can.

seagate 10 gb? This one needs to upgrade a little, too. 40 gb is almost minumum today. Upgrade if you can,

,lg 52x cdrom: Not good! Not good at all! The newest 52x cd-roms are known to be able to shatter your cds. Take it easy with this one, and try to replace it for a little slower one if possible.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
just a little post to let BeOS users know that the 0.0.4 BeOS port is out :)

Stezo2k

S-2K
Doomulation said:
Intel 810 based chipset? :/ those suck. Try to see if your mobo has a pci or agp slot, and if it has, buy a new gfx card. geforce are good. you can get a gf2 ti very cheap, or a gf4 mx, or a gf3 ti.

windows me: Oh dear me! ME isn't very good at all! 98 is, in fact better. Go back if you can.

lol i have a intel 810 yea they totally suck man, they dont even have a agp slot :eek:

heh im gettin mine upgraded to athlonXP 2000mhz, 256 DDR Ram, 20GB Hd and possibly a geforce 4 ti 420 :D

i wouldnt bother with windows 9x based Os' they are so unstable.... i used to have a crash every few days with 98se. Get windows xp.. it has extreme stabability, beutiful interface, better Ram management, more features, faster speed and its compatable with everything ive tried with it.

Ive had my computer on for weeks and i havent had one crash with win xp :D the only real thing u gotta do is upgrade ur drivers and get the larest aspi drivers.

b4 ppl start flaming me i do like win 98 in terms of compatability, but otherwise it sux. Win 9x is for the last millenium... and thats my 2 cents.

As for getting a new graphics card, dont bother until u got a motherboard that supports AGP. PCI graphics cards dont perform as well as AGP.

And if u are going to upgrade get an Athlon processor.... they are cheaper and run faster than intel.... benchmarks prove it.

Stezo