What's new

More amazing screen shots!

fearpi

don't feel like going back to quote the guy who said something about the GUI not being fancy enough for the author to have been someone... but keep in mind, this is still development.

i wish this author would at least give us some kind of codename to refer to him by until he reveals himself, because "the author of that new gamecube emulator" is far too much to type, and "anonymous" is far too uninformative.

DesktopMan

Keep on guessing :p

Of course the emulator will be faster. Atm it's build for compatability, not for speed. (more or less) Dynarec will really improve speed, plus "normal" optimizations aswell. You still need a kickass computer though :)

SculleatR

Ninphin Author
Orkin said:
This is truly incredible news! Who woulda thought that GC emulation would be so far, so soon?

Sure would be cool to write the video plugin for that! :D

hehe... well plugin specs are "avilable" but not really finished yet;

Remote

Of course we'll keep on guessing, I read some posts over at NGEMU and got the impression that it's someone who has been around for quite a while. And who obviously is talented, anyways it would be kickass if you jumped on the next gen bandwagon Orkin.. :D

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Holy crap!!!!!!!! I can't believe the progress. Can't wait until HLE and stuff are in. I almost died when i saw this :D . What I really want to know is if he was able to find a way to load the game from the mini-dvd in his dvd-rom drive. Or if he used an image file, where the hell did he find a place that has them.

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
Maybe it's a fired Nintendo GameCube programmer who got pissed off at Nintendo and decided to turn around and see if he could lose Nintendo any money :p

or perhaps the authors are just very determined microsoft programmers :D remember how badly they got their backsides kicked when they tried to buy Nintendo? :p

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Jesse said:
Everyone is getting their panties in a bunch and perhaps in a year or 2 we'll actually be able to play something with our 15ghz, 64bit AMD processors at a decent framerate. :p

15 ghz processors probably would perhaps require a 1000W power supply
and possibly 24V rail instead of a 12V rail. Wait, our electric bills could
skyrocket with the future processors. :blink: