What's new

Maximum Burning speed with different programs

Josep

eyerun4phun
Ok, just got a 100pk of 48x compatible cds, i have a 48x writable burner, and when i try to write an image, it says i can only do 40x, with nero, anyone know if this is suppose to happen? or is there some other program i can use or what?

err, and cdrwin is reading it fine...:plain2:

Last edited:

oDD

/me odd
Josep thats meant to happen. There is a 'feature' with most new burners called smart burn. It detects the quality of the cd and tells the program to set the maximum burn speed to whatever it deems safe. Programs like Nero support the Smartburn feature, CloneCD and CDR-WIN dont. To turn it off in Nero, goto the Choose Recorder dialog and click the options button at the bottom, then untick "Smart-Burn Enabled" and youll be able to choose whatever speed you want.

Be warned though, burns may fail or become unreadable if you set it to high, but if the discs are rated at 48x then it should be ok.

:)

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
thanks a bunch;)

/me love you long time;)

seriously though, thats a dumb option!:) if you have the right media and hardware there shouldn't be a prob! o well, whatever, it works;) writing cds finally a little over 2mins!:)

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
cd burnin' y'all...

i just wanted to state for the record:

it is very rare that i am impressed by either hardware or software, but i bought an optorite 40x drive, and i have been blown away.

this is the 5th cdrw drive i have owned, and it's speed, reliability, and bundled software (an optomized version of nero), have been on average 50x better than any other drive i have ever owned.

the one draw back is the price:

at $40 from a pricewatch vendor, i was sure i was buying crap.....

this drive is an unbelievable value, for anyone interested in knowing a bit about cdrw shopping.

now if only i could figure out which dvd drive to get... :(

rhy

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
Re: cd burnin' y'all...

crhylove said:

now if only i could figure out which dvd drive to get... :(

rhy

the pioneer dvr-104 is supposed to be excellent, takes about an hour to burn a full dvd, but it still does the job!:)

crhylove

Banned
thnx 4 the tip! i'm not sure about getting a dvdr (just yet!) i may wait for gen 3 and some <$100 prices, just to make sure the quality is there fully, i don't even have much to burn 2 dvd atm.

rhy

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
a dvd burner under 100 bucks?! remember how long it took for a regular burner to get under that? i'm waiting for sub-$200 dvd burners right now myself;)

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
Eagle said:
They arent Pioneer are the :devil: I'd like to avoid getting an Imploding DVD Burner.

wait so dvd burners actually do implode?? and regular dvd readers barely go under the 100 buck price range...i'm really doubting this claim...

crhylove

Banned
you said you were waiting for sub 200 dvd players...

i said the wait is over:

www.pricewatch.com

(then storage, then dvd, then DVD ram)

then there is a list of companies selling dvd burners for <$200.

but yeah, i'm waiting for a GOOD dvd burner to apporoach the $100 mark, then i'm in. :D

btw... i just got a jensen mp3/cd player for my volvo. it rules. now i have to upgrade all my speakers!! :cry:

well, it's sweet to have 14 albums on shuffle anyway, with one disk, and have about 20 more of those 14 album disks in a little storage container... :D

w00t!

rhy

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
crhylove said:
you said you were waiting for sub 200 dvd players...

i said the wait is over:

www.pricewatch.com

(then storage, then dvd, then DVD ram)

then there is a list of companies selling dvd burners for <$200.

but yeah, i'm waiting for a GOOD dvd burner to apporoach the $100 mark, then i'm in. :D

btw... i just got a jensen mp3/cd player for my volvo. it rules. now i have to upgrade all my speakers!! :cry:

well, it's sweet to have 14 albums on shuffle anyway, with one disk, and have about 20 more of those 14 album disks in a little storage container... :D

w00t!

rhy

awesome;) yea there are some burners that have dropped that low, i guess i should have been more specific, the pioneer dvr-104;) i want that one under 200 soon;)

neoak

Triforce of Something...
If you want an excelente writer (and one that even paints on the CD), look for the Yamaha CDRW-F1.

In Pricewatch, is the one that says 44x,24x,44x, and cost ~$100.

Go to Tomshardware.com and see it in action!.

crhylove

Banned
yeah, that is damn expensive. they shouldn't cost anymore than blank cds. don't worry though, i'm sure the exact same pricewar will happen with dvdr media that happened with cdr media, and the winners will be the companies who aren't gouging (anymore) and the consumers, just like last time.

rhy